Looking for a FSX Nomad

Hey everyone.

From what I've seen in this forum you guys seem like an informed bunch of people, so I thought I'd toss a question in here.

I've been trying, and failing misserably, to find an FSX version of the Nomad featured in the classic TV series "The flying doctors". Having a RFDS paint job is by no means a must, but if anyone has found one of those it would make my day.

So far, what I've found is a FS98 version on AVSIM with the right paint job, and if my memory is correct a FS2002 version with an other paint job. From my somewhat limited understanding of the MSFS world, i'm guessing that those planes won't run in FSX.

Keeping my fingers crossed

Stu

That looks like just the right bird, I knew someone here would have the answer for me. :blush:

I'll try to get it down and do some bush flying in the outback.

Many thanks John.

Did a quick test flight last night, i'll try to post some shots when I get back home from work tonight.

Considering it was primarily a plane to be used as AI-traffic it was OK. Not the best looking plane I've seen, and with just a few animated parts (only the flaps, propellers and landing gear as far as I could tell). It handles fairly good, but prehaps a bit sensitive in the turns. The big downside to me was that it didn't have a VC, flying with just a 2D cockpit will take some getting used to for me. :biggrin:

I was also surprised that the MTOW and cargo capacity was as low as it was. I was hoping to use the Nomad in AH as a bridge between the Cessna 208/Learjet and the CRJ-700, but the capacity was way lower than the default Cessna 208 Grand Caravan.

Any ideas on a good plane to bridge the gap in capacity and price between the Learjet and the CRJ-700?

Any ideas on a good plane to bridge the gap in capacity and price between the Learjet and the CRJ-700?

There's one in development at the moment...the Embraer Legacy 500. Don't think there are any really at the moment that plug the gap. Unless you go for the CRJ-200.

I'll see if I can get a CRJ 200 down to test that. The only one I could find right now was the Project Open Sky version, but it seems they hosted all their downloads on AVSIM, so that was sadly a no go at the moment. :biggrin:

Prehaps a Fokker 50 could be an alternative too if I can find that.

As promised here's a few screen shots of the nomad in flight.

First of the 2D Panel

2009512165840122.jpg

And two exterior shots in flight. The location i trust is obvious, but judging by the name on the AC i must have made a wrong turn somewhere :baton:

200951216581974.jpg

2009512165752265.jpg

Regarding the CRJ-200 I just bought the download version of FeelThere/Wilco CRJ Regional Jet vol.1 from the AVSIM-Store. Just waiting for the activation code, that for some strange reason was missing from the delivery conformation mail :clapping:

True, but still. If I saw a whale fin like the one in the logo on this flight, I'd be really surprised.

The CRJ-pakage is now installed, but I havn't got any of the planes in the air yet. Spent a good 2 hours trying to figure out where everything was in the cockpit last night :salute: