Hello

Where can I find the Flight sim X config files. I have used the method mentioned below but no luck. Help would be apprichiated

FS config files:

A quick edit of the config file (FS9.cfg or FSX.cfg) ( See disclaimer above)

You will find the config file in My Computer/Local Disk (:C)/Documents and Settings/{your username}/Application Data/ Microsoft/FS9 (or FSX). Open this up using Notepad.

This file holds an important set of data for FS. It is highly recommended that you back this up before editing. If you forget and you mess up, you can simply delete this, and a new one can be built up by playing FS, although your saved settings will be erased.

In the [DISPLAY] section there is this line:

TEXTURE_BANDWIDTH_MULT=40 - change this to 400

You will find the config file in My Computer/Local Disk (:C)/Documents and Settings/{your username}/Application Data/ Microsoft/FS9 (or FSX).

Edward...

In the path string above, the part that says is probably . My cfg files are exactly where it says they are, but you have to substitute the appropriate values where there are brackets or parentheses...that's what they mean.

If you're having trouble even finding them, perhaps trying to edit them isn't such a good idea. :salute:

There is a file name search built into Windows. Right-click the Start button and choose Search.

John

You will find the config file in My Computer/Local Disk (:C)/Documents and Settings/{your username}/Application Data/ Microsoft/FS9 (or FSX).

Edward...

In the path string above, the part that says is probably . My cfg files are exactly where it says they are, but you have to substitute the appropriate values where there are brackets or parentheses...that's what they mean.

If you're having trouble even finding them, perhaps trying to edit them isn't such a good idea. :salute:

There is a file name search built into Windows. Right-click the Start button and choose Search.

John

John, I have ran the search useing 'fsx.cfg' but it turned up no results. I cou;dn't find them using mut's given file path but i'll give it ago