Mutley's Field New Venture???

I'm just going to run this past everyone to get an idea on their thoughts before I go any further with it!

As the ATWC challenge will soon be at an end, we will need something to keep us all in the air and flying together, so what I propose is this:

Using Air Hauler to generate routes, we form our own freight company. This is how it will work:

I will use AH to generate flights from Mutley Field and then list the flight info on the forum for people to see, first come first served. You will need to reply to the post and then complete the flight by the deadline. Then I will collate all the info and using my accounting head produce a set of accounts every couple of weeks to show how the company is performing. We will be subject to the same costs as real world airlines: Insurance, Fuel, Landing fees, rent etc... but I will alter them slightly from the figures shown in AH.

We will initially start out with a Cessna 172 and only 1 flight will be available at 1 time (as we only have 1 aircraft). Over time we may be able to afford to buy/lease new aircraft and then we will be able to offer 2 flights at once etc..

When I list the routes I will not always use the same deadlines which are on AH as I appreciate that there may be quite a time gap between me posting the flight and someone accepting and completing the job. Similarly if the flight is relatively short, I may only list a short time to complete it.

When selecting aircraft I will always try to accomodate people who don't have payware aircraft and will look to use the default aircraft or an aircraft with a good freeware model. Of course, as is the case with the C172, there are plenty of good payware models out there for people to use if they have them.

The business will be focussed around hauling cargo in GA aircraft and will not be using heavy iron, this way I think things will keep away from becoming close to a Virtual Airline, which is not what this is intended to be. I want it to be fun for everyone, with the added incentive of keeping the compnay afloat!

I would appreciate any feedback on this one, especially any names for our company!!!!

Might as well get Air-Hauler!

If you do want to get Air Hauler (No reason why not, it's a great program) then wait until the weekend (Tomorrow) when I publish a discount code entitling you to 15% off! :biggrin:

Cheers

Might as well get Air-Hauler!

If you do want to get Air Hauler (No reason why not, it's a great program) then wait until the weekend (Tomorrow) when I publish a discount code entitling you to 15% off! :help:

Cheers

Hi Mut' & Co,

Just read this thread and think it's a great idea. I will of course be looking for your discount code tomorrow :whis: Shame you only hae one bird, we will have to be quick to get a flight. I think we need to get as much haulage done as quickly as possible thereby letting you get more birds. I will be looking in with baited breath.

Cheers for now

Needles :biggrin:

seems like a great idea rob, and with my affection for the lighter aircraft, it'll be right up my street.

A/C wise, we could start, as you say, with the C172 then maybe progress it up to a C208, and onwards through to smaller twins like the B1900, Kingair 350, then as it grows, onward up to the medium twins like the AN24 (plenty of these doing cargo routes in the RW) and upwards further to the C130s, C160s and the like - even up to the mighty AN22 and An12 as we expand into heavy lift....and, as an added bonus, all these are available for D/L from the main freeware sites!

...hmm, a name.... how's about 'MH Freight Services - small package or heavy crates, we'll get it there.'

• 2 years later...