Hello everyone,

I am indeed new here, but after a look around I thought I would join this lovely forum! Some of you may have heard of me in some of Gareth's posts. Anyway, here are some video's and a bit of history on me and how I found LGW.

First off the videos:

-OEZ26_iKqw&fmt=22

We were lucky enough to have an A346 pop into Gatwick on Monday, thanks to Gareth who kindly emailed me letting me know about this, we went up to our usual spot in the rain, and caught this beauty. I also "borrowed" his ATC but don't tell anyone!

Now this a video taken inside a VC-10 and a Viscount:

rw-T4YKLOdA&fmt=22

One last one, of Just various aircraft at Gatwick. This was my first time filming at Gatwick, so the tripod work is a bit "iffy":

IgyIqoXZzTk&fmt=22

How I found Gatwick and started filming:

Well, I have been interested in aviation for years, I used to go onto the Gatwick viewing terrace in the late 90's. Then in 2002 my interest stopped in aviation. And only returned to LGW in 2005 to find the viewing terrace closed for "maintenance".

After having a look round on the internet, I found a few nice places and started watching the planes. Then I started to take pictures, and eventually film. Around June I wanted to try something new, rather than just 08R 08R 08R...So I went to 26L. And that is where I first met Gareth. We did some filming and had a bit of a chat exchanged YouTube addresses. After a while we desided to go back and film again. This time at 08R rather than Gareth's usual 26L spot.

Now I am starting to get used to filming at LGW. I now have a reliable source for news about Gatwick.

Flight simulation:

I used to be a train sim fan, till one day in 2005 I decided to try FS2004. Didn't read any word from a manual or how to land. And haven't since. But now I can perform a reasonable approach, nice landing, and use most onboard equipment well, although I have a soft spot for "older" aircraft, and haven't had time or be bothered to learn to use the FMC when I mainly fly "oldies".

Anyway, enjoy the videos and reading the wall of text.

See you in the next post!

Fab intro to the forum :dance:

As always my videos are still on youtube, but I'm now going to leave Jordi to mainly do the LGW videos as not only are they better quality all round but fantastic in there own right, though I shall still post a video every now and then. I once reffered him as the Simon Lowe of Gatwick, and I hope you can now see why :winka:

As I have said before, sorry for not visiting the forums as often as I could, unoftunatley it seems the spark in FS is very quickly fading away for me.

GatwickSpotting,

:winka: To Mutley's!

Thanks for the mini bio, I would love to pop up to LGW one day for some spotting and see what you guys get up to!

That first video is excellent, looking at the wind through the trees your sequence is rock steady. The combination of the A346 landing behind the departing aircraft is superb.

Please fee free to join in any of our forums and flying the "oldies" you will fit in nicely.

So again welcome and I hope you enjoy your time here :dance:

Joe

#Gareth, we all go through the doldrums with the sim at some point but it will come back, eventually, we are always here when you want to pop in for a chat and we will always look forward to seeing your videos!

Cheers