Hi all!

Please help me on this. When I start up my Flight 1 ATR72-500, with the parking brake on, all displays are on. When I release the parking brake, only the captain's PFD is on. Why is this?

I can use the A/P, but I have not used the FMC as it needs the nav display working.

I have checked all my systems and all are the same, parking brake on or off

Hi Kieran,

Sounds like you are releasing the PB whilst still using ground power. Make sure you have engine #2 in Hotel Mode (ATR's version of an APU!) and have the generators running and the external power disconnected before disengaging the parking brake. I had a problem like this when I started in the ATR too - it's a complex little aircraft to set up so do some reading of the manual :thumbup:

Dave

hello kieran hope you solve them problems,just ordered the atr 72 500 myself it looks great.apart from the problems you are having what is the package itself like on your system?are you happy with it,read a lot of reviews about it.will be using mine in 2004 rather than fsx though.am sure you will get help with yours on this forum,helped me loads of times.regards mick