Just a couple

A couple of edits using the new methods pointed out in my last edit thread

test2.png

test3.png

As a side note, is there any easy way to select the whole aircraft? I'm using the magic wand and more often than not it selects half the aircraft and all the landscape! Which is limiting me to making only small adjustments on the aircraft itself and having to focus on tweaking the landscape and environment

Thanks

Nice work Rob!

There are many ways to select the whole aircraft but unless the image is high contrast the magic wand will always select close colours and luminosity.

With Photoshop, I use the polygon tool at full magnification, it takes a while but the results are worth it.

Cheers

Nice work Rob :nea:

As for selecting the whole a/c in a one-er, there are some masking tools available out there, but their effectiveness is patchy to acceptable at the best of times. I tend to use PhotoShop and, with the polygon tool, zoom in to around 400-500% and make small clicks all around the a/c. The other, and often more refined, method is to use the pen tool whilst zoomed in 300-500%. This allows the use of curves rather than a straight line selection around complex edges, so gives a better result, but is more time consuming...but the time taken gifts a better overall result.

Nice looking shots sir :nea:

Agree with the others on selection, time spent cutting out is well spent. I use the polygon tool myself always triming up close. You will notice there is no hard line up close but rather it blends between aircraft and whats behind. Try to cut half way between the two if you can.

Keep em coming :good:

steve