Hi Guys,

I have just purchased Wilco's A400M which I intended using with Air Hauler and I am having a little problem with it.

When importing it I get a minus figure for cargo of -43,000 odd which is insane, this surely should not happened and I didn't expect any problems as both titles are published by First Flight...

Is there anyway to resolve this, I don't mind trying anything, I would even email the config file to one of the dev team if they read this and PM me or to Just Flight maybe?

If/When this is sorted I will post the figures up for everyone, but seems I am the only one in the world using both titles at the moment...

Hi Guys,

All sorted now, just need to save up the cash to lease one now...

I'm thinking of getting it for use in AirHauler too, was it as easy as changing the MTOW in the .cfg-file?

What kind of cash do you need to lease one??

Hi Guys,

All sorted now, just need to save up the cash to lease one now...

I'm thinking of getting it for use in AirHauler too, was it as easy as changing the MTOW in the .cfg-file?

What kind of cash do you need to lease one??

Each one will cost you

Then I'm about halfway to affording to lease one :thum:

And with a base at ESSA the runway-problem is at least already solved. And I belive my first base at LFQI should be able to handle them too, even if theres only ILS on one of the runways.

Better get my 7 AI-pilots working hard to raize some cash. And it will most likely go faster if I get rid of my small planes. Got a Duchess among them that really don't generate much income. My plan is to replace my smaller planes with JF:s Constellation Professional, a plane that I have found be a cheap alternative with good cargo capacity.

• 3 weeks later...

I tried to edit the config file, and just raised the MTOW, but that wasn't enough. Full fueltanks still leave me with just 4000 lbs left over for cargo. Any chance you could mail me your cfg for this bird?

I'll send you my email in a PM.

Also, i've experinced a problem while flying this plane in heavy rain. The windshiled in the VC-view turns to a solid light blue shade with zero visiblity. Is this something you've seen too?

I sent a support request on this to Wilco last night, but have yet to get a response.

I tried to edit the config file, and just raised the MTOW, but that wasn't enough. Full fueltanks still leave me with just 4000 lbs left over for cargo. Any chance you could mail me your cfg for this bird?

I'll send you my email in a PM.

Also, i've experinced a problem while flying this plane in heavy rain. The windshiled in the VC-view turns to a solid light blue shade with zero visiblity. Is this something you've seen too?

I sent a support request on this to Wilco last night, but have yet to get a response.

I have sent my config across which will hopefully sort yours out, please remember to back you config up first before over writing it, just in case.

I haven't flown it in heavy rain, but will try and get some time the weekend to test, I did notice you don't get to see the cargo like in the images on the box and some other stuff doesn't work when running in Flight Sim X, but apparently they work in 2004, which I find completely baffling...

Not sure how long wilco takes to post back, never tried, but hopefully they will be pretty good.

I have sent my config across which will hopefully sort yours out, please remember to back you config up first before over writing it, just in case.

I haven't flown it in heavy rain, but will try and get some time the weekend to test, I did notice you don't get to see the cargo like in the images on the box and some other stuff doesn't work when running in Flight Sim X, but apparently they work in 2004, which I find completely baffling...

Not sure how long wilco takes to post back, never tried, but hopefully they will be pretty good.

Thanks for the config. As I said in my mail reply I'll give it a try over the weekend.

Got an answer from wilco, but it didn't say much really.

* Under FSX, we recommend to load the aircraft under the 2D mode and then to switch to 3D mode (Virtual Cockpit).

* If you are experiencing TEXTURE problems under FSX, we recommend to disable the DirectX 10 Preview feature. This problem occurs with other add-ons after having installed FSX Acceleration Pack and/or FSX SP2.

Please do not install the FSX SP2 if you already installed Acceleration pack.

* If you are experiencing TEXTURE problems under FSX, we recommend to turn off the Light Bloom effect and/or Rain effect/textures.

* Before installing our add-ons under FSX, please note that they may require FSX Service Pack 1 and 2, plus VS2005 (or FSX Acceleration Pack) as recommended by Microsoft (more information can be found at

Thanks for the config. As I said in my mail reply I'll give it a try over the weekend.

Got an answer from wilco, but it didn't say much really.

* Under FSX, we recommend to load the aircraft under the 2D mode and then to switch to 3D mode (Virtual Cockpit).

* If you are experiencing TEXTURE problems under FSX, we recommend to disable the DirectX 10 Preview feature. This problem occurs with other add-ons after having installed FSX Acceleration Pack and/or FSX SP2.

Please do not install the FSX SP2 if you already installed Acceleration pack.

* If you are experiencing TEXTURE problems under FSX, we recommend to turn off the Light Bloom effect and/or Rain effect/textures.

* Before installing our add-ons under FSX, please note that they may require FSX Service Pack 1 and 2, plus VS2005 (or FSX Acceleration Pack) as recommended by Microsoft (more information can be found at

Did some googling on this and might have found a solution.

I'll try that too over the weekend, so if you run in to the same problem I will hopefully be able to point you in the right direction.

What it does is it replaces the textures for the raineffect in FSX with the textures from FS9. And as a bonus it also contains a backup of the FSX textures for easy rollback.

The readme file also claims that this will give you an animated raineffect on the windshield in VC-view, a function apparently missing in FSX that was in FS9!

Did some googling on this and might have found a solution.

I'll try that too over the weekend, so if you run in to the same problem I will hopefully be able to point you in the right direction.

What it does is it replaces the textures for the raineffect in FSX with the textures from FS9. And as a bonus it also contains a backup of the FSX textures for easy rollback.

The readme file also claims that this will give you an animated raineffect on the windshield in VC-view, a function apparently missing in FSX that was in FS9!

I finally have had a chance at trying this out and have the same problem, so if you fix it I would love to hear how. Mine is knackered in the following modes:

Gray and Rainy

Heavy Snow

Major Thunderstorms

Stormy Weather

Winter Wonderland

I must admit I am not that impressed with this add-on, seems to be only have made with quite a few issues. I probably won't buy another Wilco add-on because of it to be honest.

I got my site up by the way, take a look at http://web.me.com/slimnasty/SlimAir_Logistics/Welcome.html and let me know what you think...

Hi Phil.

The fix I found worked like a charm for me.

Download the file FSX_VCRain_Fix.rar

from here

http://www.zgreenwald.org/downloads/

Just un-rar and run the installer. Only tested it in the Stormy weather theme, so I'm not sure how it handles snow...

Apart from this little hick-up I feel the plane as such works without much trouble, but it does seem that most Wilco add-ons are made to work with FS9, and the FSX-versions are more lacking.

Took a peek at your webpage. Looks nice!

The rear cargo door I havn't tried yet. But I do think I too have seen that it's a FS9 only feature. Running a similar setup as you yes.

As for the cargo view I've had no problems with that as long as I remeber to open the cockpit door. Do you have DX10 preview active in FSX? If so, disable it and try again.

Hi m8,

I've copied this back into our A400M discussion so others can read it just in case...

I am assuming you must be using Vista as I can't run DX10 on XP Pro and couldn't see it in my FSX options anyway.

even when I try opening both front & rear side doors I get the same problem.

Another issue I have with this aircraft and a few others for that matter is that when I am in outside (F11) view and you get a certain angle he propellers go behind the clouds which looks crap. I will persevere but it is annoying all the same...

It sounds as if the Wilco version of this thing is just about as unsuccessful as the Airbus real-deal. I'm afraid that one is going to turn out to be a real white elephant before they get done. It's a story no happier than what I read about the Wilco A400 simulation of it. Maybe Wilco came closer to the mark than they intended, since the real version seems to be snake-bit as well.

I hope you guys can get it worked out. I was actually interested in it as an AirHauler AC at one point but wouldn't touch it now.

John

It sounds as if the Wilco version of this thing is just about as unsuccessful as the Airbus real-deal. I'm afraid that one is going to turn out to be a real white elephant before they get done. It's a story no happier than what I read about the Wilco A400 simulation of it. Maybe Wilco came closer to the mark than they intended, since the real version seems to be snake-bit as well.

seems you may be a bit in the dark about the real-deal John...

The word from Airbus to the purchasing air-forces, this week no less, was that all 4 engines had been run-up to fast taxi speed and the crew were happy stating no malfunctions. Full speed engine tests are due to be completed in the next 7-10 days, with the maiden flight before the end of December....and they mean it!

It's suffered serious schedule delays, massive cost increases and enough un-planned weigh-bloat (on the order of an extra 25,000 lbs) to threaten the planned mission capability. It's supposed to be able to transport an armored infantry fighting vehicle and that capability is questionable at this point because of being seriously over-weight. It's a few billion over budget and almost four years behind schedule at this point and has yet to be flown. Several customers, the RAF included, have turned to the C-130J to pick up the slack and are reportedly pretty happy with them. A number of early potiential customers and interested parties have dropped out or reduced their planned purchase and others are considering it. The prototype may yet fly and the A400M may even get into production, but it remains to be seen how much of a commercial success it will be.

Airbus press releases may paint a rosy picture but it's not all sweetness and light in Seville.

John