Boeing 767 Pedestal Project

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha :wow: !

I think I could open up a little Menagerie then :winka: !

Anyway, should get alot done today. Hopefully I'll be able to completely finished the back part (up to the part where it starts to slant outwards). From there on it gets tricky as the 4 degree slope upwards towards the top of the CDU, I'll have to really think that part out.

Anyway, thanks for your continued support!

Jack :smile:

Saturday 28th November 2009

Managed to get ALOT done today! The back end of the Pedestal has been completely constructed! I've also started to add internal support bars for extra strength, these will be completed tomorrow! Below are photos of the Pedestal as of 28/11/09:

(PLEASE NOTE: You'll notice these photos have a "jagged" cut out. This is not the Pedestal, this is my cutting it out badly in paint (yes my hand was very shaky :winka: )! Just imagine all the edges are straight, they are in real life, just these photos are badly cut out, thanks):

PedestalWithsides1.jpg

PedestalWithsides2.jpg

PedestalWithsides3.jpg

PedestalWithsides4.jpg

Thanks very much for viewing, hopefully more construction will be done tomorrow!

Cheers,

Jack :wow:

As long as you know how to cut the building materials in straight lines, don't worry about it.

I always advise my friends that they should throw away all their squares and levels when they get married - their wives will tell them when something is square or level.

John

Saturday 5th December 2009

"Avionics Section" added to first post to detail which Avionics I'll be using on the Pedestal. I've fully, fully completed the bottom section, adding internal strength bars and also the rails for the "Ledge", of which a panel will rest on containing the Avionics (what a mouthful!). I've also re-sealed the screws with special sealant, however they'll have to be re-panted brown, probably tomorrow. Thankfully, I've recovered from Swine Flu and progress with the Pedestal should be back on track within the next week or so! Pictures below are of progress made today:

PDSTL1.jpg

PDSTL2.jpg

PDSTL3.jpg

Thanks for viewing today's progress, your interest is appreciated.

Cheers,

Jack :welcomeani:

Jack, it's good to see that your are not cutting corners and oviosly have a realistic target based on your spare time and budget, well done :thum:

Thanks very much Joe! I do certainly acknowledge that it won't take a few minutes, and cutting corners would probably ruin everything, so I'll try my darnest to do everything as best I can. Thanks!

Jack :welcomeani:

Saturday 12th December 2009

Spent 5 hours on the Pedestal today. Got the out-slopes completed on both sides completed with internal support brackets. Hopefully, the final part of the Base Shell will begin tomorrow. No photos today as the paint on the new panels are still drying. Photos will follow tomorrow.

Saturday 19th December 2009

Almost full Base Sheel finished. Alot of internal support bars have been aded to give strength and to also give me something to attatch the last remaining side to. Anyway, below are the photos as of 20/12/09, enjoy!

PedestalDecember0003.jpg

PedestalDecember0002.jpg

PedestalDecember0001.jpg

I hope that gives you the jist of the current status! More work should be done today, hopefully attatching that final side!

Jack :stars: