Boeing 767 Pedestal Project

Hi Jack, scrap that last message. I have now read your post through again and did indeed find the first page. 20/20 vision aside I think I managed to choose one that was indeed in red. My mistake but the wifes fault :blush: :biggrin: :whis::whis:

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wednesday 9th March

CDU TO BE ORDERED ON FRIDAY - WE'RE FINALLY THERE!

Well, it will be ordered on Friday, probably with DHL priority shipping, as I don't want my CDU lying around for 5-10 days with Spanish Standard Shipping (NO I don't think the Spanish are "unreliable", it's just that I want to make sure my CDU is safe!).

HOPEFULLY it will work. There is a little bit of uncertainty regarding the Display and hope it'll connect to my PC.

Since the CDU is the most expensive of all the Modules, hopefully Avionics from hereon will be purchased quicker! VERY sorry to the massive delay this project has faced over the past month or so due to the CDU's financial burden.

Please, please please vote on this thread to determine which Module will be installed next:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4097

The winner will be installed next into the Pedestal.

So then,

See you on Friday,

Jack :thum:

Friday 12th March

AFTER ALMOST 2 MONTHS OF CONTINOUS WAITING... THE CDU IS FINALLY ORDERED

That's right! It was ordered today from Opencockpits! Should arrive sometime between next Tuesday and Friday!

Now, let me just say this - There is a chance that it may not work. This is because the Opencockpits CDU uses a TV-OUT Input from the Graphics Card (which my nVidia GTX285 doesn't have, but can be "achieved" using a mixture of adapters). Now, if this is the case, I'll send it back to Opencockpits for a full refund, excluding shipping (so I loose out

• 2 weeks later...
Jack, what gauge are you going to use on the display?

Hey MM,

I take it you are referring to the CDU Gauge?

Basically, I'll be using the LDS767 CDU Gauge, repositioned onto the CDU screen using Nico Kaan's "Leeksecon" Software.

I'll grab a link to "Leeksecon" later for you.

Hope this answers your question, tell me if you need more answers,

Jack :nea:

Wednesday 24th March

THE CDU HAS ARRIVED!!!!!!!!

Well, it's finally time to say hello to our new friend.

The Opencockpit's B747 CDU has arrived.

The bad news is, is that it dosn't accept the signal from my computer (DVI -> VGA -> RCA).

Oh... And you didn't think I was going to leave you guys without photos did you!

:stars:

CDU1.jpg

CDU2-1.jpg

CDU3-1.jpg

I apologise for the out-of-focusness, it seems my very old camera is not thestallion it once was.

Jack :thum:

Thursday 25th March

I am extremely saddened to write the following message, I hope you all understand.

Unfortunately, due to issues beyond my control, The Opencockpits CDU will have to be returned for a refund.

It refuses to work under my Computer's DVI output. I have tried making custom resoltutions... All failed.

This means that I'll be loosing around