Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice on maximising frames in FSX. If there's any vital fsx.cfg changes/settings changes/programs etc. that really help to boost frames, I would be glad to know! At the moment, I am getting really good frames pretty much everywhere in FSX, but when it comes to airport/scenery addons, frames seem to drop ... a lot. My most recent purchase was Ibiza X from aerosoft. While I get the normal 50+ frames flying around the island, as soon as I get to the airport (mainly on the ground at the airport) the frames immediately drop, and I struggle to get above 20 frames. The same thing happens with other airport addons. Dortmund X, for example, I struggle to get above 15 at some parts of the airport, let alone 20. Then on leaving the airport, frames soar up again. Now, obviously, since it's quite complex addon scenery, frames are expected to drop a bit, but that's one of the things I need help with ... advice on "tweaking" FSX.

At the moment, I have the Graphics display for FSX pretty much maxed out - Unlimited frame target, highest resolution, anistrophic filtering, anti aliasing (and forcing 16x for both in nvidia control panel). Scenery is also completely maxed out and the other tabs too (limits on traffic ... 10% road traffic, 30% both boats. Medium airport vehicles and 50% GA/Airline.) I'm using DirectX 9 for FSX, because 10 produced some weird results (like odd textured runways)

System specs:

Intel Core i7 920 2.6ghz (Oc ~ 3.8ghz)

Nvidia GTX 285 single 1GB graphics

1333mhz 6gb DDR3 Ram

Any advice/help is greatly appreciated!

Cheers,

George

Hey, Rob. Thanks for the reply.

With a little tweaking, I think I've found the culprit. I had water set to "maximum 2x". Put that down to "low 2x" and now I get a good 30fps on average on the ground at Ibiza and Dortmund. :winka:

Cheers,

George