I have not tried GEX up used their 2004 scenery. I'm not sure if Dai picked up a copy at the Flight1 open day.

As for UTX Europe I still have it installed and it does make for better GA flying experience.

Being essentially a texture replacement program the impact on performance should be minimal. The only way it would be worse is if you had the custom autogen turned up full.

/Mut

Thanks Mut, I had a read of your review earlier, and noticed you said minimal impact on performance. And that was with your old system, E6600 and the same graphics card as me. Although I have the E6700 of course and overclocked.

MartinW is a lucky boy. One of the above was a Christmas present from Michele [a girl, I know it's the French boys spelling] and she's just told me she doesn't mind me getting both. :smile:

Downloading UTX now, already had GEX downloaded but not paid for or installed yet.

Most are running both Mut.

just did a quick test flight and all looking very nice.

I'll do a defrag after all those files, and then have a look at FPSLimiter tomorrow. Katy and Michele are at the cloths show, so I'll have plenty of time.

Perhaps a flight with REX weather too.

2009-12-5_16-5-22-457.jpg

That looks really good UM, where is it? The coastline looks good.

I am sure when I went to the NEC last, to visit the IFC2006 show, that the Clothes show was on then. I don't ever remember seeing so much :winka: in one place at the same time. It was certainly a diversion from the Flight Sim show :smile:

That was Jersey.

The combination of REX, UTX and GEX is actually quite stunning. And it's reduced my stutters considerably. How GEX manged the 3D effect flying over mountains I don't know but it's quite excellent.

This is malaga...

1-1.jpg

5.jpg

6-1.jpg

Wow, the level of detail is superb.

If you want to possibly increase the range of that detail then look in your fsx.cfg for a setting called LOD_Radius if you have it set to the max with the sim the setting will be 4.5, that's as high as it can go using the sim GUI. I edited my FSX.cfg to run at 8.5 you will notice it more when in mountainous regions.

You can keep tweaking this setting up until it starts impacting on your FPS. Be warned if you set this then go into the FSX options it will set it back to 4.5

Cheers