Captain Sim Boeing 767 question

Hi all.

I decided to get the Captain Sim 767 + Freighter expansion from their christmas sale.

After trying it out, studying the manual and searching the web I've managed to find a good guide for manual start from C&D, but I have a few questions regarding settings in the FMC that I havn't managed to find an answer to.

In the Takeoff Ref page I can't figure out what to put in the Thrust --

Hi Stu,

I'm going to write my review on this aircraft in the next few days I hope. This is one of the major pains in the a55 with the add-on because there is a lot of guesswork involved with some elements of it. I've not even found a fuel planner for it yet! During my test flights I was experimenting the with CG value and couldn't really tell that much difference. More often than not I just set it to 25%. Be careful with the trim though on take-off or you'll end up climbing like a rocket!

Be careful with the trim though on take-off or you'll end up climbing like a rocket!

That much I learned already.. the hard way :thanks:

I took the liberty of printing all five of the manuals at work today, so i'll try to do re-read it over the holidays.

Will be looking forward to see what you have to say about it, will the review be published here or elsewhere??

• 2 weeks later...

I have asked Christian Grill (TOPCAT) to add a configuration file for the CS767. Looking forward to it, as Christian takes good care of his customers.

TOPCAT (TakeOff and Landing Performance tool) is IMHO a must-have software. Since I've got it, I exclusively fly the aircraft included in it.

POSKY and LevelD 767 are already included. Using TOPCAT you will have all the values you need, such as ZFW, TOW, assumed temp (the --

Thanks for the tip Rosario, looks like a good piece of software for tube-pilots.

To bad I don't own any of the planes supported at the moment, but if they do add the CS767 i'll look into getting it...

Just need to sort out my computer first... i've been grounded during the holidays since FSX, or almost any other game for that matter, crashes on me :faint: That is, if the darn thing even boots when I turn the power on.... :thum:

My friend that sold it to me suggested trying to change the power supply.

To make things worse, I took it down to his shop to show him my problem. But of course it worked like a charm while i was there.. but back home the problems came back...

Thanks for the tip Rosario, looks like a good piece of software for tube-pilots.

To bad I don't own any of the planes supported at the moment, but if they do add the CS767 i'll look into getting it...

Just need to sort out my computer first... i've been grounded during the holidays since FSX, or almost any other game for that matter, crashes on me :winka: That is, if the darn thing even boots when I turn the power on.... :nea:

My friend that sold it to me suggested trying to change the power supply.

To make things worse, I took it down to his shop to show him my problem. But of course it worked like a charm while i was there.. but back home the problems came back...

What are the problems?

Might be worth running with the side of the case off, in case you are having over heating problems, you can usually tell this if the system is crashing when under a lot of 3D strain.

It is also worth checking that the power supply is supplying enough power to your graphics card if it has power connectors.

My old PC had both problems in that the ATi 3850 needs a hell of a lot of power, more than newer faster cards in fact. I also had periodic crashes so replaced the side of my case with a new one. The new one had a built in fan which although is fairly slow is the size of the whole side of the case, which meant everything got cooler.

If you can post more specific details on your problems I am sure I am others here would be happy to try and point you in the right direction.

Hi Phil.

The problems were many. Most toublesome was that at times it wouldn't even boot. It stopped dead in it's tracks during the POST, almost always before it had identified CPU and memory. This also meant that I couldn't even get in to BIOS.

Once in windows it felt OK until i tried to run games. FSX was lagging hard (FPS around 2-3 on the ground even at default airports, and long delays when changing views. Felt like it always had to reload all textures on when going to a new view). 3D intense games like The Saboteur would CTD with no error messages or entries in the windows logs. Most likely it was like you said. The PSU wasn't providing enough power to the grapichs board, because turning down the settings in the Nvidia control panel, and in games, got me longer running times before the problem accured.

But it appears to be alright now. Swaped to a new PSU during sunday, and now it's working fine. :rockon: Only problem seems to be at reboots after a long peroid of up time. But as far as i've read on various forums that's a known error for my motherboard. And a fix for it is unlikely since the manufacurer went bankrupt, or atleast abandoned their MB and chipset production, a few months back... :stars:

Hi Phil.

The problems were many. Most toublesome was that at times it wouldn't even boot. It stopped dead in it's tracks during the POST, almost always before it had identified CPU and memory. This also meant that I couldn't even get in to BIOS.

Once in windows it felt OK until i tried to run games. FSX was lagging hard (FPS around 2-3 on the ground even at default airports, and long delays when changing views. Felt like it always had to reload all textures on when going to a new view). 3D intense games like The Saboteur would CTD with no error messages or entries in the windows logs. Most likely it was like you said. The PSU wasn't providing enough power to the grapichs board, because turning down the settings in the Nvidia control panel, and in games, got me longer running times before the problem accured.

But it appears to be alright now. Swaped to a new PSU during sunday, and now it's working fine. :whis: Only problem seems to be at reboots after a long peroid of up time. But as far as i've read on various forums that's a known error for my motherboard. And a fix for it is unlikely since the manufacurer went bankrupt, or atleast abandoned their MB and chipset production, a few months back... :stars:

It sounds like you have sort have created a work around that is bearable then :thum:

What motherboard is it, was it one of the main manufacturers or is it a rebranded version of someone elses? Worth having a look there is a lot of rebranded bits out there. I should know I seel alot of it :whis:

It's a Abit IP-35 as far as I remember.. could be the IP-35E too, but I think there's a RAID-controller on it, so that kind of rules out the 35E variant....

I'll check on sunday night when I get home from a working trip to Berlin....