Be careful out there!

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/se/se_forecast_warnings.html?day=1

London & South East England:

Hampshire

Oxfordshire

Southampton

W Berkshire

Very Heavy Snowfall 2000 Tue 5 - 1100 Wed 6

There is a high risk of an extreme weather event affecting parts of Southern England this evening and overnight. A period of exceptionally heavy snowfall is expected with accumulations of 15-30 cm and perhaps in excess of 40 cm. This is expected to cause widespread disruption to the transport network and could lead to problems with power supplies.

The public are advised to take extreme care and refer to the Highways Agency for further advice on traffic disruption on motorways and trunk roads.

Issued at: 1135 Tue 5 Jan

Lukily I am working from home for the next couple of days :rockon:

Supposed to reach Surrey too and we're forecasted snow tonight and heavy snow tomorrow night (20-30 cm). Apparently London is preparing now too.

Be careful and Good luck to anyone who has to travel!

Cheers,

George

we're on high alert for extreme weather here at brize mut, possibility of 6+ inches of snow expected.

Update on this....now 12-18 inches expected. All snow clearing elements have been mobilised, can't have the air bridge disrupted between the UK and the Operational Theatres!

It's been a bit crazy up here today. Things would have been greatly helped if the council had actually sent some gritters/ploughs on the roads; Council Tax, worth every penny!

Even now there havn't been any gritters on the roads so it will be much worse in the morning after the slush has frozen overnight. Everyone at work was allowed home early today (unpaid - so nice are the germans!) apart from yours truly because I live within walking distance, even though I had driven in and wasn't allowed to leave my car in the car park over night.

I think I must have been the last car to make it up our road, we've had about 6 inches in the last hour and a quarter :rockon:

I've not seen it this bad down here for probably 30 years, still snowing, flakes the size of tennis balls!

Got sent home from school at lunch today, so spent the afternoon with the fellow villagers out on the hill!

Dad just took me out in the car as it is my first time driving in conditions like these, so I've been learning braking and skid correction...

Here is what I did today...

22754_1105761023771_1819162473_2262.jpg

Stay safe everyone!

Just like you Phil to get a bit of flying in!

It's good to get experience driving in these conditions it will come in useful.

Mrs Mutley is pretty miffed the satellite dish is full of snow and we've got no signal. Lucky we have Freeview built in too but she can't get her favourite station!

Cheers

Driving in snow is a very good skill to have.

I was fortunate enough to have some of my driving lessons in snow and I am so glad I paid full attention when the weather gets like this! Although even with all the training in the world you can never totally predict what is going to happen on the white stuff. When the weather is like this I will always walk where I can it's much safer

I am at home when in the air...

Our internet has been a little funny, not surprised considering we are the furthest people away from the exchange.

Quietly hoping school is off tomorrow (Not as if I have important exams in 2 weeks or anything... :whis: )

I think I will hit the Malvern Hills, some proper fun to be had up there!

I have about 1 cm at the moment with more snow predicted during the night. However It will only be -1 tonight for me and it is to warm up about 7-8 o'clock tomorrow morning so school at the moment. Lucky you Phil! :whis: it was snowing about an hour ago but nothing since, acording to the Vista sid bar it is -2 at the moment but is due to go the -1 overnight and to 0 in the morning.

School was due to start again tomorrow (after Xmas holidays) but has now been closed for tomorrow! :whis:

Had a good few inches of snow last night - really started hammering down around 10pm.

Hope everyone else is managing okay...

Stay Safe!

George

I know I shouldn't laugh, but that women skiding on her backside down the road gave me a little chuckle. Back on topic, in the Midlands, we have had severe snow on Tuesday and school being closed on the 6th. I was very surprised at the schools descion to remain open today and tommorow with the amount of ice around its extremly hazardus.

School was open today... the busses didn't turn up so I drove in, with parents in the car. Hardly any people in school, 2 of my teachers not there so I only had 2 taught lessons, both of which were just revision!

Most of the main roads are relatively clear here but all the small roads are very icy. My street is slightly inclined so many people are spinning and skidding...Use 2nd gear and low revs!

Use 2nd gear and low revs!

I had to impress this on Mrs Mutley this morning who braved it into work. Our road is really steep and still packed with ice :nea:

More snow forecast here on Sunday, I wonder if that's another day working from home, I'm getting stir crazy now :stars: