Woo hoo! Have you seen what JF's Monday sale item is? It's the Captain Sim C-130. I can resist anything but temptation. :dance:

I'm now doubly gratified to have taken my wife to an art supply sale on Friday and let her run amuck there. Having taken advantage of the Spitfire package that was last Monday's sale item, I wouldn't normally take the plunge again so soon, but I've had my eye on this one for a long time.

This should be a worthy successor to my trusty C-123 in Cargo Pilot. There might even be the catalyst for a new story in that box.

John

Hi John,

When I saw the press release from JF I guessed this would be just too much of a temptation for you :thumbup:

Anyone who hasn't got this fantastic aircraft is in for a treat!

Here's the release if no-ones seen it-

A HERCULEAN OFFER FROM JUST FLIGHT!

But only for 24 hours!

Monday 2nd July is a Super Sale Monday at Just Flight and this week visitors to the Just Flight website can get loaded with a huge saving on the acclaimed and bafta nominated C-130 Hercules. This brilliant transport aircraft, developed by Captain Sim and fully licensed by Lockheed Martin and the RAF, normally sells at £19.99 / €29.95 / $34.95, but for 24 hours this award-winning add-on for FS2004 is now on sale at just £14.99 /€22.95 $27.99. But you’ll need to be quick! The offer runs from 09:00 am Monday to 09:00am Tuesday (UK time) and is available exclusively from http://www.justflight.com

Cheers

I was fortunate enough to get to fly on a few KC-130R's the Marine Corps flew out of MCAS El Toro a few times when I was stationed there. I got to go on some refueling flights (Harriers and Hornets) as a "tourist," and I was able to take some neat pictures. On my last flight in a C-130, we had an engine literally blow up as we touched down, and with the plane 3/4 full with fuel in the main tank in the bay, the pilot was only able to use the two inboard engines for reverse thrust. With the end of the runway coming up fast (and had a 20' drop right at the end, as it was the expeditionary airfield at 29 Palms), they had to use full brakes which lit them on fire. We had to make a quick exit from the smoking plane, and CFR put the flames out quickly. I watched that plane sit out there for the next few months until engines and new wheels were brought out so they could get the plane out of there.

Hi all - sounds like we've got another budding author in our midst! How about getting your heads together, E.J. and John, and put up a sequel to 'Boxwings Air-freight'?!?

Cheers - Dai. :thumbup:

p.s. If only I had time - I'd snap up JF's offer - looks really good.

Well, I've done it. I may have to expand the ramp to make room for the C-130. :thumbup:

By the way, it's free shipping for the UK, Canada and the US. That sweetens the pot even further.

John

Well, I've done it. I may have to expand the ramp to make room for the C-130. :thumbup:

By the way, it's free shipping for the UK, Canada and the US. That sweetens the pot even further.

John

We are far too generous... :yikes:

I just finished about 2-1/2 hours on the mower, but have two more sections to do. Came in for lunch.

I should be able to finish today if the weather holds off.

I'm hoping the Spitfire shows up in the mail today, but for some reason the mail is late today.

John

I'm hoping the Spitfire shows up in the mail today, but for some reason the mail is late today. John

Isn't that always the way :thumbup:

Just sent you a mail by the way, nothing too exciting, I'm still waiting for the mail man too. :yikes: