OK... this is the add-on I've been waiting over 20 years for. When I first got into flight simming in 1982 with the Dow-4 Gazelle on the TI-99/4A, I used to dream of simulating my flights in the manner in which FSPassengers 2004 (henceforth FSP) does. To say my dreams have come true would be an understatement.

I used (and still do on occasion) Just Flight's Cargo Pilot. It's a great game and lots of fun, but lacks some of the granularity, management, and minutiae that I wanted to sink my teeth in to. The financial model of CP is okay, but again, a bit lacking. I've yet to have a week in which I lose money in CP. FSP changes all that.

First of all, you can change the way in which you play the game. Want to just fly any plane and not have to play an economic model? Have at it! Want to start with just $125,000 and work your way up from Cessna's and Pipers all the way up to Boeings and Airbuses? Go right ahead! Want to have to earn your ratings and seats? Just do it! There are even more choices if you want to create "startup scenarios."

As for the flight records, you have to maintain your aircraft. 25 and 100 hour inspections are required, and your aircraft are grounded if you fail to maintain them. The failure simulation module that is built into FSP is amazing, and you can set your failure rate to whatever you want. On my third flight, when I tried to retract my landing gear, I found that it would not. I had to declare an emergency and I landed about 30 minutes later to the sounds (yes, actual sounds!) of fire engines following me to the taxiway.

If anyone is interested, I could post screen captures of the many screens in the game, but the best bet is for you to try it out yourself. The game has a full demo for free as long as you operate out of Seattle-Tacoma. I purchased it straight away, as I found it to be the answer to my flight simming dreams.

I know I've talked to John about FSP, but I haven't heard of anyone else here using it. I think if you try it out, you'll be impressed. I know I am, and I'm a jaded old FS pilot. :shrug_no:

Hi EJ,

I have never used FSP but I know a few people who do and really enjoy it, Matt (screen name Airbus) still uses it and is very knowledgeable, I find the in flight comments quite humorous!

As with all these things my schedule does not give me enough time to do it justice (Or CP for that matter)

Please feel free to enlighten us more and post some shots.

Cheers

If you want full immersion use:

-FsPassengers

-Radar Contact V4

-Traffic

-ActiveCamera

-TrackerIR

When using them with an aircraft such as the LDS 767 or PSS 757, flight sim really comes alive and is far more realistic. No longer will you have a relaxed pushback, taxi and takeoff. You will constantly have to be thinking about everything.

With the price cuts for FS2004 software, you could buy all of the above for under £50. Its the best money I have spent for FS.

Thanks, Martyn!

I use PAI for traffic and will be getting Radar Contact V4 this weekend. I'd love to have TrackerIR, but I think it's going to be a bit before I get that. As for Active Camera, I have an old version of it around here somewhere... lol.

I'm a bit fan of the PMDG 737's, and I also use the FeelThere! ERJ-145. Lately, however, I've been flying the PMDG 1900C, and I just bought the 1900D today. I have to grow my little FSP airline in baby steps!

FSP is a progrma i have heard so much about, but i doubt i would ever use it. I prefer the actual flying, more than keeping people happy.

Although i would love to try an airline ownership sim, linked to FS, i wouldnt use it enough to make it worth it.

Really enjoyed reading this post though!

FSP is a progrma i have heard so much about, but i doubt i would ever use it. I prefer the actual flying, more than keeping people happy.

Although i would love to try an airline ownership sim, linked to FS, i wouldnt use it enough to make it worth it.

Really enjoyed reading this post though!

FsPassengers isn't necessarily about keeping passengers happy, you can set it to automatically serve on-board meals/drinks etc.

There are lots of aspects to the program, which just make the whole thing more real and immersive.

EJ,

Per our earlier e-mails on FSP, I'm going to look into it - maybe by downloading the demo and playing around with it.

Does it allow you to use any AC you have in FS, or are there limitations on what you can fly?

I think you also told me that it is possible to configure it for cargo only, so you don't have to worry about seat belt signs, cranky passengers, etc.

I'm still very happy with Cargo Pilot, though have managed to be too busy to fly it much recently. Your earlier suggestion, also via e-mail, about using CP for cargo generation, but actually flying under FSP for a more robust company and flight management engine sounds like it is worth a look.

John

John: you can use any aircraft you have in FS with a few twists. You can use "economic mode" in which you have to purchase your aircraft with the funds you have available, or you can turn off economic mode to fly any aircraft in your library. Also, you can fly with either career mode on or off. Career mode forces you to earn your ratings. The good news is that you can get into turbo props pretty quickly (22 hours for single engine, 35 for multi-engine) or you can fly with career mode off (which is what I started with, since I wanted to fly with 1900C's from the beginning).

As for flying cargo, there are lots of people who do it; you can set up the cabin arrangements for your planes so you can determine whether you have a passenger carrier, a cargo hauler, or a combi.

Before each flight you do a really neat weights and balance on your aircraft based on your flight, and then off you go! Once you land, you can determine things like which aircraft to maintain, whether or not you will buy more aircraft, etc.

I just got done with a short trip and will be heading back in a few minutes. This game is so much fun, I can't stop flying flights!