Slim Logistics Ltd

Hi All,

After the launch of the Used Aircraft Preservation Trust, for which I have added another aircraft today, SlimAir Logistics today exchanged it 747-400 which it had on lease for a 747-200F which it has purchased outright in the most expensive purchase ever for the company (see blog for details).

The company has also added some marketing material which people can download as a PDF - I would really love to hear peoples feedback on this so that I can tell if it is worth doing similar items again?

Anyway take a wander to: http://web.me.com/slimnasty/SlimAir_Logistics/Welcome.html

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

Sorry I will be completely closed now for a little while as I sort things out, have uploaded the latest updates today from my Brothers connection and will hopefully have a new ISP very soon and be back in business. I have added some screenshots and updated all the images to all my bases too... Hope you enjoy...

Hope you are well and I will be back as soon as I can hopefully.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

Just to let everyone know I am back online at last so will be trying to catch up on the forums.

I still won't be playing AirHauler or Anything for another week or so (hopefully) but hope to be back fully just after that due to personal circumstances.

Anyway did anyone miss me and what have I missed?

• 2 weeks later...
Got to have parties at all the airports!

That's not a bad idea, I could do Fireworks too :-)

Now how can you get fireworks in FSX at Zurich?

Not sure about parties at all airports, there are 24,000+ in FSX, would be expensive, even if I restricted it to my bases there are still quite a few. Not to mention the AI Pilots have had two months paid leave lol...

I like your way of thinking though, out of the box approach...

Good news Phil, that sounds very positive, I hope thing are better for you now.

Joe

Well the receivers seem happy at the moment, will give them a call tomorrow to check, work has messed me around big time, although I think I have now sorted them out, almost had to threaten legal action though was ridiculous.

Oh and yesterday I thought I would go for a bike ride, first in years to start getting health back. It was the longest bike ride..... in the world. I am really feeling the pain today lol...

Hi Guys,

Okay with the help of some fellow AirHaulers on Just Flight Forum I have planned an epic adventure which I will carry out in my good old trusty 737-400 upon my return (hopefully next month).

SlimAir will be back with what should be the best adventure I have done since I have started playing. It will no doubt take me quite a long time as so far there is almost 20 legs to the adventure. This obviously doesn't include the possibilities that I will need to take on jobs to nearby airports and then maybe reposition, but such is life.

I will try and create a log as I go and post to my site so there is a good story and there is a possibility that I may do a second part to the adventure and travel to the west and circumnavigate the entire globe.

Anyway have a read of my blog for my proposed route and I have put a special thanks to all you guys that have had input.

http://web.me.com/slimnasty/SlimAir_Logistics/Welcome.html

• 3 weeks later...

The laptop hasn't gone quite to plan as the clock battery died, reset the clock, I opened AH and it punished me for the date and set my rep back to 70%. I am going to install XP on my Mac so it is dual boot and install it on there, then copy the original data across from the PC and start again...

All the weekends work gone, but we live and learn...

Too true Phil,

I hope you get your rep back.

Cheers

Hi Mutley,

Well it isn't going well, decided to give up on PC laptop as it needs a new battery for the clock and the main one also.

Tried installing XP Pro on Mac and couldn't find my old OS as it is an upgrade version. Tried installing Vista and it wouldn't pick up any network device at all, so ended up putting Win7 on it which works a treat, but won't activate, probably as I have it on the main PC already.

So I still haven't done anything with AH yet, will program AI on the PC I think for now until I can get XP sorted on Mac, if I can....

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Thanks for the heads up Phil, I need to take a look to catch up with events.

Cheers

Hi Mutley,

No problem, unfortunately there is more now as always, trying to keep up with things myself, I do try a look at most of the post on here and the AH forum, but never always have time, the Pedestals projects look very cool... ah one day maybe... lol

Hi All,

Okay another few days of flying and quite a bit of news for SlimAir Logistics....

I have updated all the usual SlimAir, Pilots entries etc, but we have also added TWO new BAe Jetstream 4100's to the companies fleet. These are the well know PMDG models and are currently in their house livery which I will change at a later date when I setup my second PC with Photoshop on.

On top of that you will notice in the Technical section I also now have Captain Sim's 727, this has been kindly donated to me from a fellow Air Hauler based in Vancouver and I would like to take this opportunity to thank him again for his kindness.

Unfortunately I haven't had a chance to learn either aircraft properly as I am expecting the council to start some work on my flat later this week. I have been doing some preparation for them, so that they can complete it quicker. Again unfortunately after they have completed this I will need to re-decorate the entire flat which will also take time. Although I am sure I will get some flying in, it maybe reduced at stages during this work, however it is necessary and I am quite looking forward to having a clean a new looking home to live in.

Anyway take a look at SlimAir and let me know your thoughts:

http://web.me.com/slimnasty/SlimAir_Logistics/Welcome.html