Horizon Simulation Generation X Vol 2 review.

Hi,

A few days earlier than anticipated, we have published an excellent review by Mulletman of Horizon Simulation's Generation X Vol2 Central England & Mid Wales.

I know a few of us have it already but for those who don't, get Fred's un-biased view here-

genxfront.jpg

Don't expect this one to be on Just Flight's News page :blink:

Cheers

Your a top man, Fred - a very constructive review of Horizon's VFR-X. I've 'flown' the scenery since January and really enjoyed it - well worth the money (that's a personal view, though!)

By the way, Joe, Horizon's forum is chock full of (mostly) guys who aren't happy - not like our Hangar, eh?!?

Cheers - Dai.:blink:

True enough Dai, we are happy chaps here!!

I feel these guys (Horizon) just haven't delivered, no wonder everyone is grumpy. I feel they have been stringing every one along for so long they should release whatever they have and let us beta test it!

What they have in store sounds awesome though and I am looking forward to it's release.

Cheers, old chap :blink:

Only hope my steam-powered PC is up to it - I'll need a new motherboard and NVidia card etc.

Oh, yes, less of the old chap, thank you very much :cross: !!

Cheers -Dai :blink:

I feel these guys (Horizon) just haven't delivered, no wonder everyone is grumpy. I feel they have been stringing every one along for so long they should release whatever they have and let us beta test it!

Well said Mutley :blink:

What they have in store sounds awesome though and I am looking forward to it's release.

You will be looking forward to its release for a fair old while :cool: Credit where credit is due, Horizon have produced some good scenery but they have dug themselves into a big hole with these promises of extras. Lets just hope they can climb back out of it intact.

• 1 month later...

Howdy folks, first post here so be kind to me... :mrhappy:

Wanted to ask this for a while but didn't feel the Just Flight forum an appropriate place for obvious reasons...

Which of the two, i.e. the Just Flight VFR for FSX or the Horizon package is regarded the better...?

Cheers chaps...

Edit: Ooh, notify on reply option, nice board feature. Just Flight, you listening...

Hi Magic,

I have the complete set of GenX. I originally purchased after comparing the 2 early demo versions. I also have JF Volumes 1 & 2.

There are good points on both sides. It's a shame we cannot have a combination of the 2. Now I have had the chance to fly both, overall it would probably be JF.

Good points-

GenX: Higher resolution mesh, That's it at the moment. In the future they are promise much but are delivering little.

JF: (Vol 2&3) Much better colour, has night textures, aligned runways, inland water, GPS view works.

Bad Points-

GenX Colour is unrealistic and very high contrast, probably in an attempt to make it sharper? No inland water (In development they reckon the inland water will be more natural than JF) No night textures and one of the worst things is the photoscenery runways are not aligned with FSX. For example I was making an approach to EGLL 09R and the photoscenery runway started about 100 feet before the FSX runway and on the photoscenery there was and aircraft lining up! Pretty shoddy work if you ask me.

JF: Volume 1, it lets the whole series down. Other than that I like the other volume. Inland water is very silvery should be much darker.

I'm sure there's more but that about all I can think of sat at my desk!

Cheers

Cheers for that, looks like I may go for the Just Flight sets then - would imagine the scenery not lining up to be a major pain.

With any luck, (and with a new Hard Disk Drive) there mey be a JF version review coming in hr future...