Hi guys,

I'm having an FSX AI problem

My AI are working fine except they appear to be leaving a large gap behind me when taxing

fsscr024.jpg

This gap is clearly too big.

I thought it was a radar contact issue but it's happening with default ATC and also at default airports all over.

I've posted over at world of AI to see if it's their problem but I cant put my finger on it!

Is there a FSX.cfg tweak that controls this etc?

Rich

What's causing it is when I make any tiny adjustment be it in speed or direction from the centreline the aircraft behind is told to hold position and then immediately told to continue and then immediately told to hold again....over and over again!

I've listened to this on default ATC.

Therefore the aircraft never gets close behind me and when I use radar contact I get clearance to line up and wait as I should and the plane behind is frozen as it should until I rotate.

It's just that the continuous hold and continue hold and continue means the plane behind cant get close enough before it's frozen by radar contact.

Is there anyway I can turn off FSX ATC to stop it interfering?

You can turn the ATC volume to zero. You should do that when using RC, as ATC will talk right over the top of valid RC audio, which is very annoying. Turning the FS ATC volume down does not affect the RC transmittals. RC produces some AI chatter too, but not as much and it's coordinated with the RC ATC commands to you.

John