Where Do You Want To Go Today?

As per George's request, this is a thread for you to post your own favourite flights in MSFS. If you wish to comment on a flight, please do so in the Mutley Field Forum, this is purely for the flights.

Things To Include

1) Departure & Destination

2) Flight plan - if possible copy and paste your pln file into the thread to people can use it

3)Version of FS (I can convert FS9 to FSX and vice versa, but it is fiddly and takes time)

4) Suggested Aircraft

5) Add-on Scenery, freeware or payware

6) Time to fly (dawn/dusk etc...)

7) Any History behind the flight - WW2 Airlift for example

8) What makes it an enjoyable flight

Of course, these are all entirely optional, apart from the departure and destination. It will be interesting to see what sort of routes people take

Thanks for posting, Rob! I'll make the first contribution.

VFR: Portland Troutdale (KTTD) --> Davis airport (6S4) - 50nm

1. For this flight I would recommend FSX with the FTX PNW scenery. Or alternatively, if you use FS9, you could use the Flightzone O2 Portland scenery.

2. The runway at Troutdale is Asphalt and 5399ft (1646m). The runway at Davis is Turf and 1940ft (591m).

3. I used the Carenado Piper Seneca, but you could use any small GA aircraft (remembering the runways).

4. Day time flying is best as it is only a grass strip at Davis, but you could push early evening. The runway is small and fairly hidden at Davis, so fairly good visibility too.

For this flight you take off with a fantastic view of the city of Portland and fly over some agricultural land and some mountainous land until you reach the village where Davis airport is. This airport is located in a little valley (on FTX at least). Makes for a very nice flight.

Hope you enjoy the flight - looking forward to more suggestions!

Cheers,

George

• 1 month later...

VFR: Tribhuvan Intl (VNKT) to Paro (VPQR) - 217nm

1) Tribhuvan is 10029ft Bitumen and has runways 2/20. Paro is 6522ft Tarmac and has runways 15/33.

2) The approach can be done in both FSX and FS9.

3) I suggest the default Boeing 737 for both FS9 and FSX. Of course, you can use payware, but the 737 and A319 are the largest aircraft that have landed there. You can fly something slower, but the airliners are the most fun.

4) For FS9 a Holger Sandmann and Jonathan de Ferranti mesh of Nepal will be necessary (available at AVSIM) as the default FS9 scenery has the airport sitting at the bottom of a giant hole, making the landing far harder than normal. Optional is David Cuvillier's scenery of the airport itself (also available at AVSIM). For FSX, the default scenery and airport are adequate.

5) Flying during the day only. Paro has no instrument landing system and the approach is completely reliant on being able to see properly, so not bad weather either.

6) The following extract says it all:

In the kingdom of Bhutan, high in the Himalayan

Mountains, is Paro International Airport. One of the world

• 1 year later...

Wyatt - that's a neat way of displaying your flight plan. Hope you didn't mind, but I expanded the IFRAME size so that the flight path was more visible!

I'll put my own favourite plan up in the same format.

Cheers - Dai. :cool: