I have started getting this message today

error.jpg

it takes around 5 mins to clear them all when starting FSX, and that's with my finger resting on 'enter'

I was flying in FSX yesterday afternoon and didn't get this message, and I cannot even find the directory it says the duplicates exisit in

FSX is really annoying me at the moment with these random errors and CTDs

Look in your FSX.cfg Rob.

In the [Main] section you will have two instances of

SimObjectPaths.{your number here}=SimObjectsUT2 Aircraft

Gid rid of the first one and renumber the second one.

Cheers

Joe

.... also, look in C:Program Files (x86)Microsoft GamesMicrosoft Flight Simulator XSimObjects and see if you have 2 UT2 aircraft folders the same, if so, delete one of them making sure the other one has aircraft in it first!!

Look in the relevant aircraft.cgf for the same name in the 'Title=.....' line. Sometimes, when you import a new texture, you can duplicate this name and come up with the same problem. :thanks:

Cheers - Dai. :cool:

I've got this in the fsx.cfg file

SimObjectPaths.9=SimObjectsUT2 Aircraft

SimObjectPaths.7=SimObjectsUT2 Aircraft

Do I just delete one of these?

Also checked in the SimObjects folder and only 1 instance of the UT2 folder, and no duplicate names from what I can see

I bet you have done a re-install at some time? Obviously the previous uninstall never removed the FSX.cfg entry and the re-install doesn't check the entry exists so duplicates it and the sim is try to load an aircraft it already has the information for.

atb

Joe