MUTLEYS HANGAR WORLD CUP THREAD

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So much for the claims of the Americas dominating and Europe being nearly out after the group rounds...

Europe - 6

Americas (incl. Mexico and US, which are really North America) - 7

Asia - 2

Africa - 1

...after that who's left that we're had a fight with?

Japan. Also, Japan and South Korea, if they were to meet, might be about more than soccer.

John

Well, it was fun while it lasted. Go England! Go anyone but Ghana!

John

feeling a bit sore after that exhilarating 120 minutes of great football john?

It was so close, the whole game it could have been either team progress, great football from both teams....but we needed a winner and, fate decided that the 1st QF is uraguay vs ghana! C'mon ghana!

John, i'll retract my last statement....based on Englands' performance today, i'm be embarrassed to be supporting them in this World Cup!

We just about got away with the draw against the USA, couldn't step up to the challenge against Algeria, and, although we played averagely, we scraped through against Slovenia...to step up to play a much better, tighter, and more creative Germany was far too much of an ask.

Yet, come August, Wayne Rooney will be blasting the goals in all from over the place, Gerrard and Lampard will be on top form, and their clubs will all be fighting it out to top the Premiership!

Time for a few transfers Simi

made them already Mut...reserving the decision to remove Milner until i'm 100% Brazil / Argentina / Portugal / Spain are through!!

Still, quite glad i had Suarez (2 goals) in yesterday, replaced him with Gyan (1 goal) and Muller today (2 goals)...now, do i remove Muller and replace with David Villa.....i dont know!

I'm really sorry, guys. I was hoping England would go all the way.

Probably Argentina and Brazil in the finals, you think?

John

Sounds about right John, it certainly wouldn't surprise me!

In terms of the Germany-England match, I think that had the first half been fair and truthful, England would have entered the second half with a different opinion, and perhaps the defence would have been slightly stronger, rather than trying everything to squeeze and equalising goal. However, even though Germany seemed to beat England by a long way, the 2 goals that England scored in a single minute shows some serious weaknesses with the German defence, and against a team with completely different styles such as Brazil or Argentina, Germany would have no chance. (We'll see in the Arg-Ger game).

In terms of other games, I desperately wanted the USA to beat Ghana, as I felt they really deserved it after that 92 minute goal against Algeria. I'm pleased with Holland's performance - although I think Brazil will see them back off home, unfortunately. As for France and Italy? Well.....

Definately looking like a Brazil-Argentina final :wub:

Cheers,

George

Way to go, Netherlands! That's one I don't think many saw coming.

John

i can just see the back-page headlines in some of the British papers tomorrow...

Well I Nether!!......or Double Dutch Delight or Brazil drop to Dutch couragethen there's Dutch ditch Dunga & co. out of World Cup

I'm supporting the Netherlands. They're going to smash Brazil (I hope. I really do hope)! I am part Afrikaans so there's some common Dutch ancestry there.

You are spot-on Marcel, I hope the Netherlands go on to win :clapping:

Cheers