With FSX missions now becoming increasing popular with more and more complex stories and enjoyable scenarios, we thought it about time to open our dedicated forum on this subject.

Whether you are a budding designer who needs to ask for help or just want to publicise a mission you have built, post here and hopefully one of our helpful and friendly members may be able to help.

Cheers,

Joe

Great idea, Boss! :biggrin:

Most of you with FSX will have tried some, or even all of the Missions that were installed with FSX. If you've installed Acceleration, you'll have noticed a whole pile of additional Missions, too. The Mission Engine in FSX is one of it's best features as it introduces you to a whole new chapter in flight sim.

I've been trying my hand at Mission building for a few months - after getting hold of Jim Keir's FSX Mission Editor (FSXME) from FSAddon here. It's great fun, somewhat time consuming and very addictive (!), but rewarding, nonetheless.

If you want to try out more FSX Missions, here's some places to look:

www.flightsimulatormissions.com

A site hosted by Kevin D. Greene, who's company xWerkz Studio produces payware missions - like 'Jet Across America', which is now marketed by Flight 1. There are hundreds pf Missions for free download and, if you are interested in designing missions, then the website forum (here), is an excellent place to get advice.

Other mission design forums:

1. For direct support from the man behind FSX Mission Editor (FSXME), Jim Keir, the FSAddon website has a forum here

2. The FSDeveloper website, well known for hosting excellent forums on all aspects of flight simulation, has a good mission design support forum here

3. Over on AVSIM, there's another good forum here

And, of course, you can simply Google "FSX Missions", to get a more diverse picture!

Get cracking, and let's have your feedback - which Missions you like - FSX or Add-On. And don't forget to post some screen shots. :clapping:

Cheers - Dai. :cool:

Further to Chris' post above, if you want a local resource you can download all the thumbnails from the same site here http://lc0277.nerim.net/Whisplacer-thumbnails-231207.zip Not as easy to use as viewing online but is required by Whisplacer.

Whisplacer itself is available here: http://lc0277.nerim.net/Whisplacer-0.9.zip I've looked at Whisplacer a couple of times for scenery design but have not used it in anger :P

Cheers

• 1 year later...

ddavid wrote:

1. For direct support from the man behind FSX Mission Editor (FSXME), Jim Keir, the FSAddon website has a forum here

Update: Jim Keir's FSXME help forum can now be found here http://fsaddon.eu/wpfsaddon/?page_id=1055/fsx-mission-editor-support/

The other link supplied by ddavid is now closed to new posts but can still be used for research purposes.

Hmmm. It seems to me a certain "Haven for Flight Simulator Enthusiasts" has a shiny new Download Centre and even has an already-built section for "Missions and Flight Plans". Why not post them here instead of at all those heathen other sites?

I learned how to build missions at one of those "other" sites and it was the natural place to upload my mission there. I would be happy to look into uploading it here since you guys are such a friendly bunch.

I "cut my teeth" on Mission development on the Flight Simulator X Forum - where I came into contact with a great bunch of guys, who were only too pleased to help - including Brett! That site has a large download section for both beta and RC Missions, but there's no reason why we don't use the Mutley's download facilities for any of our own Missions that are specific to the Hangar.

The FSXME support forum at the FSAddon site is useful if you want to bend the ear of the developer of FSXME (Jim Keir), or ask a specific FSXME question. However, Jim isn't always availabe on this site, and that can be a drawback.

Lastly, Mission development is an area that only a few simmers actually get into. It's even more frustrating than making scenery or new aircraft models as you have to take account of factors internal to FSX that are not initially obvious. The SDLK is not a great source of advice, rather a reference to variables and their meaning as opposed to their use in Missions!

O.K. - end of lecture - sorry, got a bit carried away! :thum:

Cheers - Dai. :cool:

Hope y'all enjoy the mission. The upload was my way of saying thanks for a great site that I have taken advantage of many times already. I am flying in my first rally that has been mentioned here(GARSA) and have downloaded the airport plates provided by Mr Allard, thanks for the use. I also wish Dai and the Mutley Team much luck in their South American flights. May the wind be always at your back.