Problem with Flight 1 ATR CD

Hello All

I have the Flight 1 ATR on PC CD Rom and I did a full uninstall / re install of Flight Sim a couple of weeks ago. When it came round to putting the ATR back on I run into a problem. The computer recognises the disc and the auto play menu comes up, when you click on auto run nothing happens, it's almost as if the cd doesn't work any more??!! I can look at the files on the disc and I try to run the setup file from the file manager but nothing happens again.

I am running Windows 7 Home 64 Bit. And it has worked before

Any Ideas??

Hi Colin,

Try this:

1. Locate the setup.exe file for the installation program.

2. Right-click the file, and then click Properties.

3. In the Properties dialog box, click the Compatibility tab.

4. Click to select the "Run this program in compatibility mode for:" check box, click "Windows Vista" in the Run this program in compatibility mode for list, and then click OK.

5. Double-click the executable file to start the installation program.

Program compatibility is a mode in Windows that lets you run programs written for earlier versions of Windows.

Cheers,

Joe

Hi Mut

My Beautiful wife managed to fix the problem for me. She pushed me off the computer to look at it and in the end she copied the files off the disc on to our hard drive and after a while it finished. I ran the sutup.exe and its all installed woo hoo!!!!

Thanks to you and acezboy561 for your suggestions!

Looking forward to more flying in the ATR which I love!! An amazing aircraft!

No Problem, what would we do without women

We'd live in trees and eat raw meat.

I don't think I'd have thought to try that business with the disk. Good trick.

John

• 3 months later...

Bonjour Colwah,

Glad your problem was resolved "in the family" ... is this the ATR 72-500 by Flight One? I have this, but have yet to instal it due to reading various adverse (FSX) comments on the net! Are you happy with it? And does it have a decent 2d cockpit panel (I do not use the 3d virtual panel, as I have a home built cockpit here!)

Are there any other good sims of this type of aircraft (twin short jaul turbo-prop)?

David

Bonjour David

The Flight1 ATR, in my opinion, is an excellent aircraft. I fly it in FS2004 and have no trouble with it at all. The 2d panels are really good and there are a few different ones. The FMC is a little bit different to Boeing and Airbus but easy enough to work out. See my post called ENNM - EGHI Thanks Guys! for a few pics. The aircraft is in my VA colours.

Hope this helps my friend!

Bonjour David

The Flight1 ATR, in my opinion, is an excellent aircraft. I fly it in FS2004 and have no trouble with it at all. The 2d panels are really good and there are a few different ones. The FMC is a little bit different to Boeing and Airbus but easy enough to work out. See my post called ENNM - EGHI Thanks Guys! for a few pics. The aircraft is in my VA colours.

Hope this helps my friend!

Ah... another Fly UK pilot ? Me too. Quite recent, but impressed with such a well organised setup. 2500 flights last month makes it quite popular too !

:001_th_smiles89: