Help Please - With Interpretation of Arrival Charts

Well firstly, can anyone recommend a decent - and free - resource for learning about charts and how to interpret them ?

Secondly, I have a specific chart that I'm a little uncertain about.

I thought I'd understood it, but my ATR 72-500 FMSs VNav page has confused me a little.

SRN%201H%20Milan%20app.jpg.jpg

What do the numbers mean on the lines between Odina and Sulur..... 13,500, and between Sulur and SRN, 6000. And, then the 4000ft thereafter to the FAF at NOV?

Do they refer to crossing altitudes at the preceeding or next waypoint?

And also, what does the 'MHA' of 6000ft mean in the small box labelled SRN - I asusme it is minimum holding height.....but why the reference to "FL70 if higher or TL" as well? All very confusing !

Thnx in advance.

The link at the bottom is to a page of links for all kinds of things, including...

• Federal Aviation Regulations
  • Definitions and abbreviations
  • Special use airspace
  • Aeronautical Information Manual
  • Chart User

Hi Gabe, these are the minimum altitudes for that portion of the leg. If there are specific crossing altitudes it will say so. If you search on the VATSIM website there will be loads on there to help you

I see.

So an altitude on a line joining 2 WPs simply means, minimum altitude from and too those points.

So from AKASU to SULUR I have to keep min alt of 13,500, and from SULUR to SRN, 6000, and then 4000 thereafter to NOV which is the FAF?

I think that's sorted.....! ??

Thnx again.