Hi all,

I've got a huge problem with my PMDG MD-11X.

No animations are simulated, the 2D-cockpit looks like this:

2010-6-3_19-51-21-629.jpg

And the VC always looks like this:

2010-6-3_19-51-13-721.jpg

This means that nothing moves (no yoke, flaplever, ailerons, rudders, geardoors... etc. etc.). Only the throttlelevers and the landing-gear (which just disappears in the aircraft) move.

Could someone please help me? It was too expensive to put it onto a shelf and never use it :smile:

Sounds like you should 'un-install' and then re-install the down-load. Did you use the PMDG auto install - and were you sure the files were loaded where your FSX is located? The absence of guages implies that the panel file can't find them. This might explain the lack of animations, too.

Maybe the other 'gurus' have some suggestions....... :winka:

BTW, Welcome to the Hangar! :smile:

Cheers - Dai. :cool:

Is there a saved flight situation where all the engines are running and you are ready for take-off at all? If so try that and see if the gauges are showing.

I have had this problem with some aircraft but it usually boils down to me not initialising the systems.

Sounds like you should 'un-install' and then re-install the down-load. Did you use the PMDG auto install - and were you sure the files were loaded where your FSX is located?

I have the boxed version. Sorry, I should have mentioned that :smile:

Just completed a re-install. It didn't help.

I used the "Run as administrator" to start the setup manually. After setup was completed I double-checked if the gauges and effects were in the Flight Simulator X/Effects and -/Gauges folders. They were.

Then I started FsX and selected the PMDG MD-11. I wasn't asked if the gauges were safe and should be loaded every flight.

Who can help me? :help:

Edit: Maybe you can help me if I say that FsX is installed in my Program Files(x86) folder......maybe not but then you just know it :faint:

Now then - are you using Windows 7? You just might have a problem with the panel.cfg file if it has been designed for a previous O.S. If you've time, give us a bit more info on your set up...... :faint:

Cheers - Dai. :smile: