Perfect Flight FS Approaches - anyone ?

Just wondering if anyone has any experience of these ?

Apparently they are avaialble for FSX and FS2004 - I am interested in the latter mainly as they deal with approaches.

User can choose any weather and any aircraft - useful !

It covers all kinds of approaches - may be useful for training. Currently I'm obsessed with getting approaches right.

There are a few volumes. Thinking about checking one or two of them out.

One thing that worries me immediately, is that they start in the air - that is clearly gonna be a problem for the majority of complex airliners ! Maybe they've shot themselves in the foot before they've begun !

Hi Gabe

These Perfect Flight FS Approaches look interesting - not quite Missions in the FSX sense, but certainly worth further investigation. BTW, I could only find the FS9 version - will they work in FSX?

Cheers - Dai. :cool:

• 4 weeks later...

I think yhey have done British Airways Operations or something like that for FSX.

The few unofficial reviews I've found don't look promising for FS9 I'm afraid. Too many problems with starting in mid-air if you fly complex stuff.

Why they could start the adventure on the gorund I don't know ! It would have solved those issues immediately. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Bit late on this one, but... yes, they do have FSX Approaches versions.

I bought one a while ago, 3, I think, and whilst I still have it installed, I've not really had time to check it out properly yet. I looked at the menu screen and read the 'manual' and instantly put it on 'backburner'.

The only comments I read about them was someone moaning that, while they enjoyed the Approaches pack, they were fed up of paying out for each version, but getting the same thing in each one.

I think the one I have has about 12 approaches in it and includes one extra skin each for the default B737 and 747 - though for some reason they are added as extra aircraft. Maybe to ease installation.

Like many non-English developers who release titles in English, I do wish they would get a native English speaker to give their documents a quick once-over to reduce the number of errors. It always seems to be the same things, but they make a payware add-on - or complete sim, in the case of ED/DCS Black Shark etc - seem amateurish (such as 'aircrafts' - though that's one of the 'better' errors).

- EDIT - here's a good example:

Please Note. If you have FS Approaches 3 base pack already installed, you dont need to remove

nothing.

Oh - and marketing is fine, but how this can be described as "a major enhancement product" is way beyond me! :rolleyes:

At least they give it a go, though.

JD

• 2 years later...

I know this is an old topic, but I'm cruising around looking for a particular set of missions and approaches that went with the book I just got for Christmas - MS Flight Simulator for Pilots/Real World Training. It's a Wiley book, authored by Jeff Van West and Kevin Lane-Cummings, and it refers to a set of files that can be downloaded from the Wiley site (www.wiley.com) under the link titled FSX Flights and Movies. The file is/was called FSX_Files.zip.

Does anyone know of these files and where they might now be located? The book has the written tutorials, but I'd love to be able to load some of the approaches and other flights instead of trying to set them up from the book.

Would be inclined to go for Flying School Pro myself. http://www.fsflyingschool.com/ This program incorporates approaches to any airfield within FSX and FS9. You can set up your own approach to include pretty much any scenario you can think of.

Download and try the Demo. It is fully functional but area limited. The FSX version runs in FS9 also. X-Plane and P3D are separate purchases. Been using it for over a year now and can say it is money well spent. Also a very good support service.

I know this is an old topic, but I'm cruising around looking for a particular set of missions and approaches that went with the book I just got for Christmas - MS Flight Simulator for Pilots/Real World Training. It's a Wiley book, authored by Jeff Van West and Kevin Lane-Cummings, and it refers to a set of files that can be downloaded from the Wiley site (www.wiley.com) under the link titled FSX Flights and Movies. The file is/was called FSX_Files.zip.

Does anyone know of these files and where they might now be located? The book has the written tutorials, but I'd love to be able to load some of the approaches and other flights instead of trying to set them up from the book.

Check the downloads(1st one) listed on this page. Is that what your looking for?