Gran Turismo 5

Hi guys,

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

For those of you who haven't seen or played the new Gran Turismo 5, I made a video the other day that I wanted to share. It's a lap of the Nurburgring Nordschleife circuit in the rain. In older Gran Turismo games, the weather and time were set in stone, but on certain tracks for the new game, they change over time. The driving experience is excellent, with over 1000 cars featured in the game, and many tracks (including the Top Gear testrack! :)). The graphics are spectacular, although my video doesn't really do them much justice!

My video:

Also, for those who are still interested, perhaps you'd like to take a look at the game's cinematic intro.. which is one of the best intros I have seen:

Unfortunately the game is only available for the PS3 platform (not for the PC). Thanks for taking the time to look and watch!

Cheers,

George

Hi George,

I really enjoyed your video, as did Mrs Mutley who now wants a Z4 M3! :faint:

Thanks Joe! Would she not be very impressed if you bought her a Z4 in GT5? I don't know what it is about the BMW roadsters, but my Mum always wanted a BMW Z3..

Cheers,

George

Pah, Z4/Z3, hairdressers car tongueout.gif

Great video George, I had GT4 for the PS2 and lost count of the number of laps I put in around there, I'd love to go there one day for real. As the took so long to bring GT5 out I switched to the XBOX for Forza, which is a fantastic game but falls a bit short of GT5 as it can get a bit too easy at times and you cannot do free-play races where you decide how many laps etc...

I did think about buying a PS3 just for GT5, but Emma but a block on that pretty quickly unless I got rid of the xbox - grrr.

hey Rob,

Thanks for the reply. Do you have a friend who has a PS3 and GT5? I don't have an Xbox, so I can't play Forza, but my friend has it on his Xbox and we're both into driving simulators so I can play Forza while at his house & vice versa with GT5. They're also great games to play with friends.

Cheers,

George

No, all my mates have xbox unfortunately.

I've not got xbox live either, a combination of emma banning it and me not having time due to her watching the soaps! I think I would be in really hot water if I had xbox live and FS