Everything was smooth until I installed the registered/payware version of FSUIPC. AH and REX2 were both working great until I installed FSUIPC. Now, AH says there is no FSUIPC and REX2 crashes when I try to launch the weather engine. Is there something I need or needed to do to get FSUIPC to upgrade properly from free/gimped to paid?

Edited to add: I restored the freeware FSUIPC and now when I try to load FSX from AH, it just hangs forever. Also, REX2 is still throwing up errors. I hate to have to install everything all over again...

I even checked to make sure I had admin rights on fsx.com; I do.

EJ,

In AirHauler, check Options -> Options -> Paths and make sure that's correct.

John

I tried that; no-go.

It seems that my FSX install was messed up when I went to the payware FSUIPC. It wouldn't even start anymore.

I've uninstalled everything; now re-installing it all. I was going to lose reputation and money already due to missed deadlines due to all this. I'll look at the bright side; now I know a better airport to start at, and I may do as you recommended with a new plane that is a bit faster and carries more cargo to get things going. I'll never get those 12 hours of flying back, but it was a good time. :)

Edited to add: now I just wonder in what order I should reinstall everything.

I'm thinking:

1. FSX
  2. FSX-Acceleration
  3. FSUIPC
  4. REX2
  5. AH

...and verifying between each step.

EJ,

From the master (Slopey) in an answer to someone else on another forum...

If those folders are not there just create them. Don't worry about putting anything into them.

John

Ahhhh - that should have been corrected, but check in your AirHauler directory, there should be:

<AH directory>\BGL\9\

and

<AH directory>\BGL\X\

EJ,

From the master (Slopey) in an answer to someone else on another forum...

If those folders are not there just create them. Don't worry about putting anything into them.

John

Ahhhh - that should have been corrected, but check in your AirHauler directory, there should be:

<AH directory>\BGL\9\

and

<AH directory>\BGL\X\

Thanks!

I'll check back to this if I'm having problems after the great reinstall! I am so bummed that installing FSUIPC did this! All was running so well. GRRR!!! And all I wanted was to smooth out the transitions to new weather areas/airspeed!!!

OK; everything is back in order, and AH saved the day! I uninstalled and then reinstalled everything. To my surprise, all my AH data was intact, and although I now have two incomplete cargo missions, all is well.

Sometimes things happen that are out of our control; cargo doesn't always get delivered on-time. I will have to live with the black mark on my record. :(

As for what caused all the problems; I can't really be sure, but everything was fine until I installed the paid version of FSUIPC/WideFS over the free version. Then everything broke.

Oh well; it's nice to be back in the air again.