Leg 4 - A question.

Do I fly from YLTT to YWIS - fill fuel to 100% then onto YBHM? - Thats what I think it means, correct if wrong.

Also can I post my leg as soon as Leg 3 is posted??

Great Australian Air Rally 2011

Flight Briefing, Flight Leg 4 – 1530 hrs, 03 Feb 11

Lady Elliot Island (YLTT) to Hamilton Island (YBHM)

Moving on, we undertake one of the longer Flight Legs, Flight Leg 4 to the “Whitsundays” and Hamilton Island (YBHM) where we will enjoy a couple of days rest to take in this idyllic part, if not arguably the best part, of the Queensland coast and Great Barrier Reef. The beauty of this region is such that people are known to never return from a stay here or are just never heard from again. Hamilton Island is the largest inhabited island of the Whitsunday Islands and was the first stop for Oprah Winfrey (and 93 of her fans) on her “Ultimate Australian Adventure” in December 2010. It is understood the “locals” are still recovering.

Note. There is, also, only a limited refuelling capability at YBHM restricted to small, general aviation aircraft only. Special provisions have been made for Flight Leg 5 with a refuelling stop on this Flight Leg, Flight Leg 4. The Australian Army is conducting an Exercise in the Shoalwater Bay Military Training Area and have established a Forward Area Refuelling Point (FARP) at YWIS in the Military Training Area and are providing additional refuelling support to the GAAR 2011.

There is a MANDATORY refuelling stop will be made at YWIS. READ THE FOLLOWING FLIGHT BRIEFING CAREFULY.

WARNING: DO NOT LET ANY STOCKS OF BUNDABERG RUM OUT OF YOUR SIGHT.

Leg 4

Depart 15:30

To: YBHM

Distance: 316nm

Dpt Rwy 17.

Navigate to Waypoint 1 – YWIS. (172nm)

Enter circuit and land at YWIS (NOTE TIME). Taxi to ramp and refuel to 100%.

Dpt on active Rwy.

Navigate to YBHM. (144nm) (NOTE TIME)

PIREP to report the TOTAL sum of the recorded sub sector times.

Special Comments:

YWIS. Caution should be exercised and a watch kept for Army “Blackhawks” operating in the area. They may not quite adhere to “normal” approach and departure procedures.

YBHM. Right base circuits required when Rwy 14 in operation. No circling east of Rwy 14 / 32.

Aidan, PM Rob for the texture...

The repaint is just a little something extra that I decided to do over the weekend with some spare time. It was never intended to be anything fantastic and on a par with Jankees' paints, so I appologise if it seems a bit bland. I don't intend making any more changes unless Joe spots some glaringly obvious mistake. Should anyone want the livery please pm me and I'll send it over.

Cheers - Dai. :cool:

Hi Dai-

Unfortantley I cannot complete my leg for GAAR its way too long for me - espically for a GA flight! IF there is any other shorter legs, ill be happy to do them.

FSX isn't running very well - I just loaded it up but im full of CTDs, OOMs and 10FPS =/

Ill need to get to work and fix this up - if anything happens, ill let you know. But right now, remove me from the GAAR.