A2A WOPIII Spitfire released

A2A have released the long-awaited Spitfire for FSX with the Merlin Accusim addon.

The Wings of POWER 3: Spitfire MkI/II Features:

• Lightweight, powerful and maneuverable.
  • As with every A2A aircraft, it is gorgeously constructed, inside and out, down to the last rivet.
  • Designed and built to be flown "By The Book".
  • Custom Cockpit Systems and Gauges.
  • Visual Real-Time Load Manager, with the ability to load fuel and stores in real-time.
  • Naturally animated pilot.
  • 3D Lights 'M' (built directly into the model) with under-wing landing light than can be turned on, deployed, and retracted and fully functional recognition lights.
  • Pure3D Instrumentation now with natural 3D appearance with exceptional performance.
  • Sound engineered by A2A sound professionals.
  • Oil pressure system models oil viscosity (oil thickness).
  • Authentically modeled pneumatic system.
  • In cockpit pilot's map for handy in-flight navigation.
  • Auto-Mixture that actually performs as intended. Now you can set for “auto-rich” or "auto-lean" and the aircraft fuel-to-air ratio will be automatically determined and set by the carburetor based upon various factors, such as altitude.
  • Three different models, Mk Ia, Mk IIa (machine guns), and Mk IIb (cannons).
  • Internal Supercharger modeled with accurate behavior.
  • Fuel delivery system simulated.
  • All models include A2A specialized materials with authentic metal.
  • Pilot's Notes pop-up 2D panel keeps important information easily available.

If you already have the previous WOP2 spitfire or equivalent then you will get $8.00 discount and $5.00 of the accusim addon if purchased at the same time.

More Here

I didn't think they could improve much on the excellent B-17, but the realistic modelling in this Spitfire is incredible - even down to compression tests on each individual cylinder! A2A have lifted the bar yet again.

The down side is that this sim is more memory hungry than their previous aircraft, and on my mediocre system I had to download the alternative textures just to stop my compy doing CTD's every time I tried to load it. The bmp files are 65 MB, which is huge, but the dds files are about 13 MB which my computer can manage.

This sim is absolutely superb - if I could only stop it overheating and replacing so many components each time I return to earth (using the term 'land' would be an overstatement!).

However you can get your pristine aircraft back by messing around with some files. ;)

Once you've flown A2A aircraft the rest seem, like my computer system, mediocre. That's my opinion anyway!

Malcolm