PMDG 737 NGX External Shots

Where did you find that Gabe??

This is what was posted by RSR eariler today...

FRAME RATES: We offered some frame rate guidance 6-8 months ago. In that guidance we indicated that performance was significantly better than the 747-400X and moderately better than the MD-11 when putting the NGX into similar locations/circumstances. In that post i was VERY CLEAR to point out that this guidance was not final- as we still had some very heavy computational pieces to add to the airplane. So let me make certain that everyone here is clear on this topic: WE ARE NOT FINISHED YET. PERFORMANCE IS CHANGING EVERY DAY BASED UPON WHAT WE ADD TO THE AIRPLANE, WHAT IS OPTIMIZED, and WHAT GETS TAKEN OUT OF THE AIRPLANE.

When we are finished optimizing and adding these last few bits of functionality, we will give you some specific data on performance as well as recommendations on hardware.

Or was it just based on the level of detail in the model :wootmesalia:

No exact word on the price yet, only that it will be in the same range as their previous complex airliner products..

So somewhere around where the MD-11 and 747 is at is a fair guess ($50-$80).

Where did you find that Gabe??

This is what was posted by RSR eariler today...

FRAME RATES: We offered some frame rate guidance 6-8 months ago. In that guidance we indicated that performance was significantly better than the 747-400X and moderately better than the MD-11 when putting the NGX into similar locations/circumstances. In that post i was VERY CLEAR to point out that this guidance was not final- as we still had some very heavy computational pieces to add to the airplane. So let me make certain that everyone here is clear on this topic: WE ARE NOT FINISHED YET. PERFORMANCE IS CHANGING EVERY DAY BASED UPON WHAT WE ADD TO THE AIRPLANE, WHAT IS OPTIMIZED, and WHAT GETS TAKEN OUT OF THE AIRPLANE.

When we are finished optimizing and adding these last few bits of functionality, we will give you some specific data on performance as well as recommendations on hardware.

Or was it just based on the level of detail in the model :wootmesalia:

I've just seen a few posts - AVSIM etc. - that refer to PMDG's 'own recommendations.'

"Apparently" it will be more hungry than the MD11 and Twin Propliner they did a while ago.

They clearly want it to be the BEST airliner out there... on every level. Fair enough, I guess, but financially it's a risky strategy particularly when the iFLY 737 - which is amazingly good in FS9 - is on its way for FSX.

iFLY are rubbing their hands with glee, as they will clearly aim to target the - much larger - market represented by peeps with more modest PC hardware.

• 3 weeks later...