Thought long and hard about this topic.

I took the A380 from Ben Gurion International (Israel) and flew East to the Israel/Jordan border.

This area (The Dead Sea Depression) is approximately 413 meters below sea level – The lowest dry point on Earth!!!

2011-3-14_15-45-45-128.jpg

2011-3-14_15-45-47-609.jpg

You can’t get much lower than that!!! HAHA

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can’t get much lower than that!!! HAHA

I don't know, that thig is so bloomin' big, I'm sure someone could fly under it... [challenge!]

HAHA sounds like a good one, I dont mean you cant get the A380 any lower I mean you cant get a dry point any lower on Earth lol

Pic3 FSX. How Low can you Tow.

I found it very hard to fly at 26ft.and keeping the tail wheel just off the grass and with the glider in the shot too.I did manage to fly across the airfield at just above stall speed. It also didn't help me as the glider kept trying to climb out of shot.

2011-3-15_13-56-21-578.jpg

OK! I haven't entered a screenshot comp' for ages, so here are my 3 entries for this month.

Some great entries so far.

Using VancouverX and my trusty Cessna172 I skim the water in the harbour.

Saying Hi to the people on the 'Dawn Princess' cruise ship.

LownSlow1.jpg

Giving another ship the once over.

LownSlow2.jpg

Go around and come in low and slow to say hello to the people in the lower deck cabins.

LownSlow3.jpg

Good luck guys.

PS - ah, I see it's just 3 shots per user - oh well, that's me disqualified! :thankyou:

So just edit your posts so there's only 3 pics left.... (and put the rest in the regular ss forum)

Let's go way, way back for this one:

Whitley_At_Sleap.jpg

A Mark V Whitley, by Armstrong Whitworth (model by Ted Cook - Thanks, Ted!), making a slow fly-past at her old airfield at RAF Sleap (scenery from E-Scapes-Shawbury Fields by Earth SImulations - thanks Darren!).

Although Whitleys were called 'Flying Coffins', this was because of their shape rather than any aeronautical short-comings. Whitleys were used as tow planes for Horsa gliders, and played an important role in the D-Day invasion and, later, at Arnhem.

Well, now you know, eh?!? :whis:

Cheers - Dai. :cool:

My three tries for this month.

Low and slow down under.. This little OzX airstrip was a strange one, but it's not really visible on these shots.

The strip is more or less shaped like a boomerang. It's called Ceres YCES, Geelong if anyone want to check it out. To find it, take of from YMAV and fly 11 miles on a heading of 227.

201132323114666.jpg

Same theme here..

201132323158431.jpg

And finally, buzzing a freight ship outside Reykavik

2011328213736906.jpg

Thanks everyone for your entries, another fine bunch!

Sorry for the late reply but for the winner it is worth waiting for.

I think the best shot in context to the theme is Mike H's excellent "How low can you tow" entry just to prove he cannot only fly low and slow but also bring along some passengers for the ride!

Check Your PM's Mike

2011-3-15_13-56-21-578.jpg