I have some basic (and maybe silly) questions on FSX. If any forum members can help I would appreciate it:-

1 ...... Is there an FSX keyboard command for "seatbelt signs ON/OFF"?

2 ...... Is there a separate guage for the smoking & seatbelt ON/OFF switches, or is the overhead panel "one" guage?

3 ...... Is there a keyboard command for fuel cross-feed control?

4 ...... When fuelling the default B737-800 (my panel guages are in lbs) ... 1 kilo = 2.2046 pounds?

5 ...... Likewise ... 1 litre = 0.264179 US gallons?

6 ...... In FSX is there any way to know if in fact the main aircraft door is closed or not? ... And does leaving it open (by error of course!!!) have any effect on the flight characteristics of the default aircraft??

Thanks, in advance ... David

Switched: No idea. Best bet is to bring up the FSX command assignments page and look through it.

When converting between weight and volume for fuel (lbs and US Gallons are the common units here), you need to know the specific gravity of the fuel. For Jet-A1 it is 6.79 (ie 1 US gallon weighs 6.79 lbs) and for AVGAS it is 6.02. It's commonly approximated to 1usg = 7lbs for JetA1 and 1usg = 6lbs for Avgas. ( For metric, it's JetA1=0.8 and AVGAS=0.71 ie 1 litre of Jet-A is 0.8 Kg).

My handy dandy units converter app tells me

1 US gallon = 3.785 litres

1 imp gallon = 4.546 litres

1 imp gallon = 1.2 US gallons

or

1 litre = 0.2641 US gallons = 0.22 imperial gallons

There's nothing like aviation for mixing & matching units. At my local airfield, fuel is dispenced from the pumps in litres, measured in the aircraft in US Gallons, range planning is worked out in US gallons/hour, and weight & balance is calculated in lbs... :stars:

6. Doors. There might be a Simconnect variable or FSUIPC offset, if you're thinking about programming a door open indicator. Leaving it open has absolutely no effect on the aerodynamics of the aircraft; it's purely part of the visual model. For light GA, flying with the doors open (or detatched) in many cases is quite feasable, and does much to improve the view and rid the cockpit of extraneous loose items.

Hi David,

Her's a link for keyboard commands.

http://search.orange.co.uk/redirect?ug=34&uu=0000012ebf25554e84c88dffbe7ee8fa&brand=ouk&sv=web&p=searchbox&pt=tab&q=keyboard+commands+for+FSX&pge=1&src=google_standard&pos=3&id=0&sp=vn%2FvblKGKG4Bdt2XG39hVA%3D%3D&ms=Microsoft%C2%AE++Flight+Simulator+X+Key+Commands+&d=www.bruceair.com&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.bruceair.com%2Ffs_book%2Fcd_contents%2FFSX_KeyCommands.pdf

You should be able to re-map keys that you don't use, to make them do what you want them to.

In FSX if you use F11 to get the external viewpoint, you should see the doors are closed. You use Shift + E, to open and close the Main Exit Door.

Hope this helps in some way.

Regards

Needles

Oooooh! Apologies Joe, I have actually done that very thing and printed it off ages ago, but I forgot where I got it from.

Of course MH IS my favourite Hangar.

But you knew that eh?

:icon_bowdown: