• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi everyone,

Lets see how we do on this one then...

GTA-1.jpg

Clues:

1.) If you take the runway length in METRES, look at the middle two digits. Divide these digits by the runway length in FEET, and you'll have 10 times as much as the airport's elevation (in FEET).

2.) Think of what a certain well known digital/audio cable would be like if it was blind. The answer may have something to do with this airport...

Regards,

Jack :001_th_smiles89:

Too easy, Jack. Ascension Island - FHAW.

John

EDIT: It appears a very large bird (a Goose maybe) has left a deposit right on the runway numbers - you sly dog.

JDA

Too easy, Jack. Ascension Island - FHAW.

John

EDIT: It appears a very large bird (a Goose maybe) has left a deposit right on the runway numbers - you sly dog.

JDA

^_^ - It may be easy John, but it certainly isn't FHAW! :D

For example, it doesn't fit clue 1:

- FHAW's runway length in metres is 3054. The middle two numbers, therefore, are 05 = 5

Divide the runway length in feet (10019) by this number, and you get 2003.8

This is ten times as much as the elevation, so divide this by 10 and we get the elevation as 200.38 feet!

Since FHAW's elevation is 278ft, 200.38 doesn't fit the bill I'm afraid! Good guess though, you are not massively wrong. The airport layout is VERY similar.

Oh and that deposit... Seems the Goose left it right over the runway numbers... What a shame! I guess nobody will ever know! WROHAHAHA!!! :icon_thumbup:

Seychelles Intl?

Yes indeed correct Marcel!

The clues were:

1.) Runway length in metres = 2,987

Runway length in ft = 9,800

Divide 9,800 by 98, we get 100. Divide 100 by 10 we get 10ft = Seychell Intl's elevation!!!

2.) A blind SPIDF cable... Blind = No eye, or, in this case "I"! Therefore it's SPDF, or the Seychelles Public Defence Force, who operation directly from FSIA.

Oh and John, I don't mean to rub "salt in the wounds", but the runways at FSIA are 13/31! EXACTLY the same as FHAM! SO close! :001_th_smiles48:

Over to you Marcel.

Jack :001_th_smiles89:

2011-7-6_16-35-14-984.jpg

Thanks, Jack! This is the best I could come up with on short notice, so I'll make the clue an easy one.

1) This is an international airport, and it shares its name with one other airport in FSX.

2) Think of a horse riden by Bellerophon, specifically its colour.

Now explain the clues...
The clues:

1. A short story by Ernest Hemingway

2. It looks much better with a Hunter

Clue #1: The Snows of Kilimanjaro by Ernest Hemingway

Clue #2: Can't do better than this (with credit to member petermclelland, who was flying one of the Hawker Hunters in the photo)

kilimanjarohunters.jpg

John