PZ865 - The Last Of The Many...

Just a few from me. The Hurricane MkIIc, reg PZ865 'The Last Of The Many' from Aeroplane Heaven's freeware archive.

Flew this today whilst bunged up with "man flu" and having a 'relaxation day' off work. Scenery is RAF Hawkinge circa 1940's, also from Aeroplane Heaven.

No commentary, just shots, and maybe the odd edit... can you spot them?

grab_001.jpg

grab_015.jpg

grab_006.jpg

grab_002.jpg

grab_003.jpg

grab_004.jpg

grab_005.jpg

grab_007.jpg

grab_008.jpg

grab_009.jpg

grab_010.jpg

grab_011.jpg

grab_012-1.jpg

grab_013.jpg

Simi,

Always liked that bird. Living in Florida, it's the only Hurricane I want to see. Your shots are great. The water textures are just right - somtimes those are glaringly bad, but yours came out looking very good.

John

A great selection of shots, loving the close ups. Whats the deal with the flaps on this bird, i can only ever seem to get them full or stowed. I also took some shots of this A/C some time ago and found an amazing texture for her, i think it was from Simviation but im not sure.

Heres a pic from the archive taken way back when i first started to to post shots. I think its well worth finding.

hurri3.jpg

steve

A great selection of shots, loving the close ups. Whats the deal with the flaps on this bird, i can only ever seem to get them full or stowed......

Thanks reef, appreciated.

To my knowledge, the real-world Hurricane only ever had two flap settings - Combat (i.e fully stowed) or Takeoff/Landing (i.e. fully extended). No in between unlike modern counterparts. It should be remembered, however, that WW2 aircraft were really at the forefront of todays aircraft design. Simple things we take for granted these days, like multiple flap settings for example, may not have been thought as required or even invented to the extent we know today.... take WW1 aircraft for instance where flaps were non-existent, how on earth did they manage?!?!