For a change I'm confused - no change there then I here you say :wootmesalia:

I'm looking to purchase a Spitfire for FSX but there seems to be a little too much choice so I'm hoping for guidance :001_th_smiles89:

Which one should I buy in terms of value for money?

A2A with Accusim?

RealAir?

Just Flight?

Plus while I'm on is this a worthwhile package - seems good value to me - possibly a bit too good :help: Edit: just read the Mutley's review :001_th_smiles76: seems even better value now at this price :pilotic:

Battle of Britain

For a change I'm confused - no change there then I here you say :wootmesalia:

I'm looking to purchase a Spitfire for FSX but there seems to be a little too much choice so I'm hoping for guidance :001_th_smiles89:

Which one should I buy in terms of value for money?

A2A with Accusim?

RealAir?

Just Flight?

Plus while I'm on is this a worthwhile package - seems good value to me - possibly a bit too good :help: Edit: just read the Mutley's review :001_th_smiles76: seems even better value now at this price :pilotic:

Battle of Britain

Hi Sabre, Depends on how far into flightSim you are if you are casual like me then Battle of Britain is good value as you get a few WW2 planes to fly and great Cockpit detail if Your a Avid fan flightSim the I would think a2a is your bag I have battle of britain this is where all my Old WWII pictures are made from hope this helps you to choose.

Bill aka Gunfighter

Well, out of the ones you mentioned, the A2A Spitfire with Accusim is definitely the most realistic one, if that's what you are after. The Just Flight (Aeroplane Heaven) one is the most simple, and would be good if you don't really want to spend too much time reading the manual. The RealAir Spit is the oldest one, and is sort of a median between the two other ones. However, as with all other RealAir offerings, it is geared more towards the systems and realism side.

So, as Bill said, it all really depends on what type of simmer you are. If you want the most realistic one, get the A2A Spitfire with Accusim. If you don't want to worry about checklists and engine management and just want to get in the air, go for the Just Flight Spitfire (or the BoB Pack if you want the Hurricane and Me 109 as well). If you want something in between, then you could always try the A2A Spitfire without Accusim (or the RealAir one, if you don't mind the less detailed textures, modelling, eye candy, etc.).

Hi Sabre.

As you know, I just got the RealAir Spitfire, I like it very much! But have not had it long enough to be able to recommend it above the others mentioned in this thread.

Just thought I should mention (because our PC systems are about the same spec) that I am getting some really good FPS with the RealAir spit, even at the max settings.

PS: Will be your wingman anytime m8y ;) .

Cheer’s…Graham…

BTW: Is it possible to have two people flying together in FSX?

Congratulations on your new A2A Spitfire, mate :001_th_smiles89: .

Just remember that these things can be a bit of a handful at times, please see photo below :icon_yikes:

Cheer's...Graham...

Thanks Graham, decided to go for the A2A variant without the Accusim pack for the moment. Had a couple of flights in it, just got to love it really, superb aircraft, although like you I managed to stick th enose into the dirt on landing - off to practice :icon_thumbup:

• 4 months later...

Since the release of their latest patch the A2A Spitfire with Accu-sim is virtually gremlin free now. Unfortunately, because of its realism, I won't be flying it much during our hot summer (I like to fly with RW weather) because the engine overheats very quickly. But don't worry, if I get the urge, I'll head up north (of the equator) and go flying in some cooler climate.

Mal