Area51 Simulations....any good??

hi guys,

just wondered if anyone here had the opportunity yet to play with the Area51 Simulations C-17 Globemaster...i've done a little digging but so far not turned up many reviews.

the screenshots and videos obviously make it look outstanding, but then if they didn't, nobody would buy it....so do any of you have 1st hand experience with it and can let me know a little more about its flight characteristics & interior/exterior model & sounds quality - i.e. are they any good!?

thanks in advance,

simi

Hi Simi,

We may be doing a review on the C-17 if we can get a copy, otherwise I have had no dealings with them as yet.

Well, i guess thats me here keeping my fingers x'd for the review soon then...!!

Altho, saying that, last night i spent some more time digging and i've read some threads on various FS fora comparing the Area51 Sim and Virtavia C-17s and both are highly prized by their owners... it's oly £29.....and now there's a hole in my wallet....and a C-17 in my hangar! (screenies to follow soon!)

Woah, there Nelly! That came out of the off field...umm, er, umm....well, er, I'm not sure.

I mean, I use FS9 nowhere near as often as I used to (blame my 11 year old pc for that!) And hardly call myself a budding critic, but I do love the C-17 :wub: . I don't know the first thing about review writing however, so I'd hate to mess up so publicly...let me have a few words with myself and I'll post my answer later, deal?

Simi, don't in any way feel pressured, it was only a (sort of) joke. We are always happy to take guest reviews but not under duress!

Feel free to reply by PM not here.

All the best.

Joe

there's no need for that Joe, certainly not feeling pressured or under any sort of duress.... it was rather unexpected and of great surprise to me, that's all... I'm on a 6-day 'stand-down' period as of 8am tomorrow (tuesday) morning, so between my two Air Power articles (a Battle Of Britain Special this month!) and me doing quite a lot of nothing, i'd be very happy to put together a special review for this fantastic (from what i've seen so far) addition to my hangar.