DC Airways announce 2011 World Rally

Just a Heads Up to let you know that DC Airways will be organising their annual World Rally later this month. Here's the link:

http://dc3airways.com/special_events/wr_2011/welcome.htm

You don't have to be a member of DC Airways to join in. Andrew and I will be taking part - we'll post some screenshots...

Why not join us? I'm not sure if Norm will accept a Team Mutley entry - if anyone's interested, I'll make the necessary enquiries...

Cheers - Dai. :cool:

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A problem with IE9, Tools and Javascript - hopefully this work around should do the trick:

For those who cant access the DC3 airways website with IE9 because of the java error here's the fix.

1.Right click on the TOOLS icon in the top right side of your browser.

2.Click on the Command bar setting.

3.This will now display the command bar across the page. It will have a printer and email icon on it.

4.Click tools

5.Click Compatibility View settings.

6.Paste DC3 Airways web address into the add website box.

7. Click ADD.

Siteshould be accessable.

Haven't heard from Norm Hancock re Team-Mutley - we'll have to be patient... :whis:

Learn something new everyday, thanks for the compatibility tips. I was clicking on the menu bar on the site like it was an elevator button and it would all of a sudden magically work.

It's a mystery, all right. I was planning to do airport diagrams for their stops, but they're kind of painting me in a corner here.

Their roster is showing 101 entries, including some familiar names. Unless they've been sent a package after registering, they don't know WHERE they'll be flying, five days before the Leg 1 window closes. Their Flights page still shows a "watch this page" message.

John

I'm not sure what's happening - I PM'd Norm about the possibility of Team-Mutley entry, but haven't had a reply. As the Roster requires some human involvement, somebody is doing something, somewhere...

Andrew has flown the WR before, maybe he can suggest a reason?

Cheers - Dai. :not-so-cool:

Had an email from Norman today - seems that the World Rally Flights should be out tomorrow (27Oct11). I think the delay may have been caused by problems with the WR2011 website, which has been prone to a lot of spamming (it isn't password protected as it's an open forum).

On the Team-Mutley front, Norman has given us the all clear, so as soon as the Flight list is available, we'll sort out who does what Legs. As time might be a problem, I don't mind doing Leg 1 or 2 - by then, we should have sorted ourselves out.

Onwards and upwards, eh?!? :thum:

It's going to be a stretch to get the airport diagrams cranked out in time to be of any use to people, but I guess that's not a vital part. Do you know if the legs are linked, i.e. Leg 02 starts at the same place Leg 01 ends? If not, it's twenty instead of eleven airports for ten legs.

John

I'm sorry, John, I don't know if the Flights joinup! I haven't done a DCA World Rally before - I'm sure Andrew has, he'll know...

As Norman hasn't contacted meuntil today, I'll let him and Bob (the other organiser) know about your offer.

I'm going to make them and post them here regardless. All they need is a notice to their participants that they are available here and a link to the MH Download Centre. I don't want them to post them direclty on their site, but rather drive the traffic here for the downloads from MH.

Thanks, Dai.

John

They've posted - not just lists but complete packages.

Re Airport Diagrams - I've completed and posted the two for the first leg (BC Canada). Two others already exist. I'll be pushing hard to get the others done and posted. The flight legs are disconnected, so there are 20 airports.

What I've seen of the package so far looks pretty well done, but just in time.

John

Here's the basic Team-Mutley Roster for WR 2011:

Flight Number and Route         		Distance	Start/End 	Pilot 
1.	Lillooet CAR3 to Hope CYHE		 83 nm	        29/31 Oct	Dai
2.	GC Dam 3W7 to Grand Forks C7GF		108 nm	        01/03 Nov	Dai (prov)
3.	Montpelier LFMT to St Crepin LFNC	160 nm	        04/06 Nov	
4.	GL Valencia SKPP to San Luis DKIP	123 nm	        07/09 Nov 
5.	Debre Marcos HADM to Damazin HSDZ	304 nm	        10/12 Nov
6.	Nice LFNM to Zurich LSZH		309 nm	        13/15 Nov 
7.	Iloilo RPVI to Nonon RP13		192 nm	        16/18 Nov 
8.	Cambeltown EGEC to London City EGLC	352 nm	        19/21 Nov 
9.	Betles PABT to Oliktok Point POLI	233 nm	        22/24 Nov 
10.	La Rioja SANL to La Serena SCSE		329 nm	        25/27 Nov 

@ Kieran - like to do Leg 2?

We're still short of Pilots - so let us know if you'd like to join - thanks. :thum: