PNW and Australia - nice small airports?

Hi Guys,

So the mrs chipped in and PNW is mine - also I am thinking about getin the Australia complete pack too (so much for scenery is too expensive hey its christmas lol)

So these areas are HUGE and I was wondering; as I am pretty sad; I would like to have a lodge type 'home' in both regions that has an airstrip for small planes, so I can pretend to live there in my own virtual world hehe.

So something with a runway (preferrably tarmac/concrete) and a house/lodge nearby to call my own :)

If at all possible the location would be nice to be near the coast and also on the borders or a town and outback type scenery.

Thought it would make a nice topic and maybe give people recommended airstrips to see based on the community opinions as the packs are stuffed with plenty of locations so narrowing them down by other peoples recommendations would help.

There's plenty to pick from in the PNW area, but I can't be more specific than that right now.. for some reason I don't have FSX installed at work :D

As for the Australia scenery I'm not sure that it includes updated airports/airstrips. I think that's just the scenery leaving the airports as they were. But there's a great freeware add-on that works together with the ORBX auzzie region called OzX that takes care of that for you. Again I can't be more specific on a location that will suit your needs

And if you get the australia package I can also recommend getting the freeware terrain mesh from the ORBX webpage since the package doesn't include a updated mesh. There's also a bunch of freeware airports for both the Australia and PNW area on that page you could check out.

If you buy the FTX AU scenery make sure that you download the OZx airstrips - they are fantastic and add '00's of little airstrips into the scenery. The downside is that they are not listed in the FSX menu finder. I do have a file with the whole lot on somewhere on an hard-drive that isn't hooked up to my PC. If I can get it working I can send you the file if needed