Hi guys,

It's been quite a while since I've been around the Hangar, mainly due to my busy study schedule. So hello to everyone again, and I wanted to share the latest gadget I've invested in.

It's said that we Brits are obsessed with the weather, so I've invested in a proper station... or to be more specific - the Davis Vantage Vue, designed and manufactured in the USA...

Here's the main unit. On the left side, the anemometer and temperature/humidity sensor. Rain bucket in the middle. Solar panel and wind direction on the right.

06250_1.jpg

The data transmits every 2.5 secs back to the console wirelessly...

06250_2.jpg

The console displays just about every parameter you can think of. Daily / Monthly / Yearly maximum & minimums of each variable are all stored. It also attempts to forecast the weather (quite accurately) for the next 24 hours. I've also bought a logger which is connected to the PC, so I'm working on setting up a live weather feed too.

I don't have any videos of mine in action, but here's someone else's on youtube...

I bought mine from http://www.weathershop.co.uk/ - great for any weather gadgets .. there's loads of other stations there too.

Thanks for looking. Hope you like it :)

George