performance

heyup mutley and everyone sorry havnt been on for a while also havnt been on my sim much recently but am back now.i used to clean every thing out of 2004 every now and to give it a fresh start .it used to run as smooth as a kitten having just started it up it is stuttering and very slow have tried it on low settings and no improvenent.i think over the last year or so i have put so much freeware and payware in that maybe this may be affecting it.

so what do i do>>>normally i would do a complete uninstall includinding the fs 2004 directory asnd anything else to do with it this will take me quite a while but is the only option i can thik of'

in the fs 9 file there is loads of rubbish that i do not understand any tips would be welcome.

have got a good system but just need a bit of advice/

thanks mick

Apart from the free software products, although not bad, but can not keep up with the purchased software. In addition, you get absolutely free support on purchased products eg aerosoft. I can only recommend. :)

i'm sorry to say AeroMax that freeware isn't as bad as the minority of files make it seem...afterall, what about our very own Tim_A's Plan-G flight planning software, or the TinMouse 737-200, simply the best 732 available! And then there's anything by the now defunct Project OpenSky, David Matlby's VC-10, Comet and Trident...not to mention the MelJet 777, Milton Shupe's offerings and the HS.748...and i haven't even gotten onto the freeware Scenery yet!!

just goes to show, freeware may have a bad rep, but often Payware isn't that far ahead if at all...

Apart from the free software products, although not bad, but can not keep up with the purchased software. In addition, you get absolutely free support on purchased products eg aerosoft. I can only recommend. :)

i'm sorry to say AeroMax that freeware isn't as bad as the minority of files make it seem...afterall, what about our very own Tim_A's Plan-G flight planning software, or the TinMouse 737-200, simply the best 732 available! And then there's anything by the now defunct Project OpenSky, David Matlby's VC-10, Comet and Trident...not to mention the MelJet 777, Milton Shupe's offerings and the HS.748...and i haven't even gotten onto the freeware Scenery yet!!

just goes to show, freeware may have a bad rep, but often Payware isn't that far ahead if at all...

yes, no problem. does not refer to every free- software that's true. had also in the beginning a lot of freeware scenerys and thus was not entirely happy about it. Probably because there were several that were not matched by the programmer. Thus it came to total crash from Simulator during Flight close to an Airport.

Means not, that all freeware is bad!. Also, the speed was lowered. Is just the experience i had with few scenery freeware.

Cheers :thum:

• 2 weeks later...

thanks a lot i completley uninstalled the lot and there was a lot took,it took a while.the whole thing was just clogged up with freeware.

anyway have reinstalled what i want back in no freeware and its as smooth as a kitten with performance back to normal.

thanks again and merry christmas.mick

• 2 weeks later...

ok, so just try to find out afterwards which freeware may slow down the system or a failure occurs. not every freeware caused errors. sometimes the freeware isn´t well programmed. so try out step by step if you want. on payware just have a look (manual) about the hardware settings within flightsimulator. take care, cheers :thum: