Guess The Airport

• Replies 661
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

.... On this planet John! ♬ There is a house.... ♬

I'm sorry to say this is stock FS9 scenery - my FSX is having graphics conniptions and I couldn't get it to stay stable long enough for a decent screenshot - it's always something.

This might be a place for you if you like bears, busses or are hirsute.

y4mEFg1GNX07Lg2xqIVeuxZc7nAsIKucyqsjP1Kx

• 2 weeks later...

Arrgghh. Sorry - forgot I had the ball.

OK, hmmm, lets see - more clues...

There are some clues in the first shot - the surrounding topography is shown; obviously it's a towered airport and there's a pretty good clue that should allow a reasonable guess at the approximate field elevation.

The bears that are referenced are a North American variety, but the airport is not in the Americas.

The name of a famous puppet's pet might reveal something musical that will suggest the singer and he might lead to the place.

It could be said that the place is civilian [sic].

If you can tie together bears and busses and a reference to hair, you'll have nailed the place.

If you get any hunches those "ears" on both ends of the main parallel taxiway should be unmistakable. I don't remember another airport with those.

John

O.K., Boss...

John said:

OK, hmmm, lets see - more clues...

There are some clues in the first shot - the surrounding topography is shown; obviously it's a towered airport and there's a pretty good clue that should allow a reasonable guess at the approximate field elevation.

Yep - area's pretty flat - no mountains, so must be fairly low and level - i.e. a plain.

The bears that are referenced are a North American variety, but the airport is not in the Americas.

Well, I guess ther must be bears around here, somewhere - imported from N. America, maybe?

The name of a famous puppet's pet might reveal something musical that will suggest the singer and he might lead to the place.

Ah - Puppet! And its pet - ummmm - no idea, actually! Ditto singer and song - unless it's Nat King C-Ole?

It could be said that the place is civilian [sic].

Goddit! Something to do with Marmalade - Yes!!

If you can tie together bears and busses and a reference to hair, you'll have nailed the place.

If you get any hunches those "ears" on both ends of the main parallel taxiway should be unmistakable. I don't remember another airport with those.

Just like the ears on the bear!?!

Nuff said.

Cheers - David. :cool:

Dai,

If there was a guess in there, I didn't catch it.

John

EDIT: Ahhh - I think he has got it, but he's going to have to give the ICAO - straight up. Dai, if you want to do clues, you have to first name the airport, then it's your turn to do clues... ;)

JDA

Oops - I'm sorry, I got the bears completely wrong - I thought they were real Grizzlies... :whis:

Anyway, after a bit of research, we have... The rain in Spain stays mainly in the plain - (I think he's got it - By George, he's got it! - Ed)

Right, now, bears... this is LGBT slang for, heavy set men of a certain orientation.

These 'bears' are generally hirsute and conduct themselves amorously with similarly inclined ursines, exchanging busses (U.S. slang, I believe), amongst other things.

Now, I'm still stuck on the puppet, their pet, the singer and song, but maybe a haircut is involved?

The 'civilian [sic]' clue leads to marmalade - as any jam maker will tell you!

So, I'll go for San Pablo airport, Seville (LEZL), as it fits most of the clues...

I must say, the research was most enlightening.

Cheers - Dai. :cool:

It's the right airport - Seville. I'm sure the place must be extremely Sevillian [civilian (sic)].

The bears and busses are one and the same, since the Airbus A400Ms that are built there have acquired the nickname Grizzly. All that business about hairy men "bussing" is too far out in left field for me to even comment on.

As for the hirsute clue, well, you'd need a barber, I guess, and where better to find a barber than in Seville - think Opera.

Finally, the famous puppet Pinnochio had a kitten Figaro, who should have put you in mind of the aria from said Opera, the Barber of Civil - ermm Seville, sorry. Figaro, Figaro, FIGARO....

I really thought it was a little easier than it appears to have been, but it's always easy when you know the answer already, isn't it?

John

I learned something from you on the marmalade, Dai - Seville oranges. I didn't have a clue about that until I searched the two terms together. There is a Seville orange and it's the preferred variety for marmalade. Paddington Bear must know a thing or two about that.

John

• 2 weeks later...