Guess The Airport

• Replies 661
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

.... On this planet John! ♬ There is a house.... ♬

The "inhabitants" parts almost made me say Area 51 (KXTA) but it doesn't really add up with the runways to me. And the rather large roads close by isn't really right either...

:gaah: and there i thought i had it!...ok, back to my previous info source!

Edit - Luke AFB (ICAO: KLUF) home to 63rd Fighter Sqn (also known as the 'Panthers') and the USAF Air Education and Training Command.

Edited by simi_av8r

I was also tempted to say Luke AFB earlier tonight, but decided against it. Looking at Wiki and Google Earth there's only two runways, and in Joe's shot there's at least three, possibly four by the looks of it.... or are my eyes letting me down??

Only problem is I can't find a USAF training base with three, or four, runways that match that layout....

I was also tempted to say Luke AFB earlier tonight, but decided against it. Looking at Wiki and Google Earth there's only two runways, and in Joe's shot there's at least three, possibly four by the looks of it.... or are my eyes letting me down??

Only problem is I can't find a USAF training base with three, or four, runways that match that layout....

i too am slightly wary of my guesses, but using the F-16 "Fighting Falcon", Panthers and USAF training bases as my focal points there really isn't that many more to suggest that will match.

Joe, am i even remotely close?

Are you sure that's a panther Simi? I figured it was a tiger...

Edit: But now that you made me rethink things, the cat itself isn't striped, just the background..

But then it could also be a cougar, couldn't it... hmm...

Ok it's difficult to figure out on my PC and I have the screenshots! (It's the Aerosoft Model with a default paint)

This base also majors in parachute and gliding training, over 4000 cadets!

One of it's training aircraft paid a visit to RIAT in 2010 and it's probably not what you were expecting!

Ok it's difficult to figure out on my PC and I have the screenshots! (It's the Aerosoft Model with a default paint)

This base also majors in parachute and gliding training, over 4000 cadets!

One of it's training aircraft paid a visit to RIAT in 2010 and it's probably not what you were expecting!

i just happen to have a tick-list of a/c from the 2010 RIAT...now then, where is it...

ahh, found it....right, there should have been a DA40 XLS from the USAF Academy, and a T-43A of the 562nd FTS/12FTW...the 12FTW T-43 is based at San-Antonio / Randulph AFB and that's out as it only has 2 rwy's...so i'm left with the Diamond DA40, registered to the USAFA, based out of the USAFA Academy Airfield, ICAO: KAFF

am i done, my head hurts!! :stars:

p.s. here's my checklist... if anybody wants to see what should have arrived

riat2010checklist.jpg

BINGO!

Perseverance pays off, the good 'ol British Bulldog, well done Simi :thum: :thum: :thum:

hallelujah!! :faint:ok, i'll post mine tomorrow...i'm off to bed, i think my mouse and keyboard could use a rest too after that abuse by my frantic searching of Google, Wik, FS9 and heavens knows what other sources!!!