• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wing struts above the wing have to be big - they're in compression rather than tension and have to be beefy enough to not buckle. Wings struts below the wing are in tension and the load-bearing elemen

But can it lay an egg?   I've seen photos of that one before but don't know what it is or where it's based.  Such poor taste in flying objects is more commonly seen in the hot air balloon ge

What a cock up.

Posted Images

Yes, indeed. Very cool airplane. Congratulations. The poor guys in the UK never even had a chance to look before you got it. Your turn.

You should try your luck at Guess the Airport too.

John

Starting to follow these topics now, guessed that was the Globemaster too straight away, amazing Aircraft, been inside one at an airshow.

The view perspective was a good one, but it was the undercarriage struts poking through the little doors that gave it away straight away for me ... I think this happens when the C-17 lowers its self after landing for ease of cargo exit loading and unloading.

:thum:

That would be a Dassault Mercure 100....

The downside to using a real life photo by someone else is that it makes it so much easier to find since, as you did, you should include the source and copyright information ;)

Hopefully what I've got lined up for you now is a bit harder than my last attempt at this.. I think Kieran spotted that one with his eyes closed ;)

I'll just wait for a nod of approval from Andrew before I post it...

Thanks Andrew, and without the website and photographer I wouldn't have had a clue...

Now then, let's move on the the next one. Real World photo this time, but one of my own...

dsc_0122.jpg

As I said, hopefully a bit harder, but some of you will probably know what it is without clues.

Now, considering your recent focus on the Republic RC-3 'Seabee', that would be my first guess. The main gear design is consistent with the 'Seabee', and the hull, forward of the gear and the door appear to confirm that.

Cheers

Andrew

Indeed it is Andrew (darn, I should have cropped it even more, and left out the keel and landing gear :D ).

The full image that I cropped it from looks like this.

republicrc3seabeeseaxy.jpg

Over to you!

Well done Mulletman on a "...a bit of a stab.".

It was a bit of luck to be honest, rather than being sure...something about its design made it look STOL, so I searched ‘’STOL, high wing, low engine’’ and after a bit of rummaging/refining found the Do28. Funnily enough, ended up on the Classic Wings website.

It’s a neat looking aircraft though, and looks like a good freeware aircraft to fly.

On to the next one...A real photo this time, as I haven’t been able to find any FS versions of this aircraft. It’s not my photo, but I will edit in the photo credit once its been guessed-correctly. (This one’s easy, but I don’t want to make it that easy!)

GuesstheAircraft-Question-767.jpg Original Photo Kok Chwee Sim. (Airliners.net)

• 2 weeks later...
On to the next one...A real photo this time, as I haven’t been able to find any FS versions of this aircraft. It’s not my photo, but I will edit in the photo credit once its been guessed-correctly. (This one’s easy, but I don’t want to make it that easy!)

GuesstheAircraft-Question-767.jpg Original Photo Kok Chwee Sim. (Airliners.net)

Hello all, sorry i havent been back here to post clues sooner....however better late than never....cant believe there hasnt been any guesses though.

Anyway, clues.

I said that i couldnt find any FS versions of this aircraft. Not strictly true. I cant find any FS versions of this variant. And odds are you have had a go at piloting one of this aircrafts family in FS at some point.

:D