• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wing struts above the wing have to be big - they're in compression rather than tension and have to be beefy enough to not buckle. Wings struts below the wing are in tension and the load-bearing elemen

But can it lay an egg?   I've seen photos of that one before but don't know what it is or where it's based.  Such poor taste in flying objects is more commonly seen in the hot air balloon ge

What a cock up.

Posted Images

My intial thought was the 757, but now I'm thinking Tu-204?

I keep thinking its a 767

Unfortunatley neither are right. Its hard to give any more clues without giving it away.....i might post a shot of some of the bits of the cockpit...that might be worth a go.

Okay, I have some more clues....

This family of aircraft first flew in February 1987, and there are a total of 4 in the family. This aircraft first flew in France in the 90’s before being taken to its current residence.

Would it by any chance be this A320?

It is indeed! Although two others did say A320, i will hand this over to you, as it is an A320-200, and you infact managed to link to the exact one! Original photo....

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Indian-Airlines/Airbus-A320-231/1057779/&sid=7b0429cae24c107ade318587f376c9ad

And i will update my posts to include credit.

Thanks! I originally thought it was an A300 or A310 because of the landing gear, but those were too old. The only one that matched the description was the A320, so I went out searching for one with a dual main landing gear, and got that!

Next picture coming soon...

I'm going to go out on a limb and say it's an Aero L-39 Albatros.

John

EDIT: On further reflection I'm going even further out on the limb - that appears to be #7 on the Breitling Jet Team in the new 2010 season livery.

JDA

I went for the AC type first and was pretty much flummoxed for a while. Do you have any idea how many AC have tip tanks? I finally hit on the Albotros. After IDing the type it suddenly dawned on me that what I first took for some kind of camoflauge scheme was part of a large number "7". It only took a short time to figure out that only three demo teams use the L-39, so it was a piece of cake from there.

Good one...

This one should be pretty easy.

Warbird...

y4mbC6UlhL7AwT-iGYDq38TZPRw3wlzNrDnSFCFT