I'm selling my DSLR camera if anyone's interested.

Just about mint condition see below pictures taken today.

th_d40x-1.jpg th_d40x-2.jpg th_d40x-3.jpg

Includes:

Nikon D40X DSLR Body

Effective Pixels 10.2 million

Image Sensor RGB CCD, 23.6 x 15.8 mm

Total pixels: 10.75 million, Nikon DX format

Lens 1 - 18-55mm (135 equivalent of 25.5-82.5mm) f3.5-5.6 G EDII c/w Hoya Skylight Filter

Lens 2 - AF-S DX VR 55-200mm (135 equivalent of 82.5-300mm) f4-5.6G IF-ED c/w Hoya Skylight Filter

Vibration Reduction (VR) stabilization system with SWM (Silent Wave Motor) for fast, precise, and super-quiet autofocus

Both lenses protected with skylight filters from day 1

Genuine Nikon EN-EL9 Spare battery

Genuine Nikon ML-L3 infrared remote control

All the above are in new condition, if you are interested please PM me with a sensible offer, have a look around on Ebay and Amazon to see what they are going for :)

I am also selling a Lowepro AW302 SlingShot http://www.lowepro.com/slingshot

Again, new condition, will sell separately.

Cheers,

Joe

Just when I've spent my xmas money. Typical.

Hope you get a good price for that excellent bit of kit Joe.

It might be a few months before I could bid for it now. :(

What are you getting next mate? It's gotta be good.

Not sure Brian, I really wasn't getting the use out of the camera that it deserves so not another DSLR for the moment. (That's supposing I sell it!)

Going on Ebay tomorrow I think.

Cheers

Joe, i'd love to take it off your hands - unfortunately, all I can rustle up after a rather bountiful Xmas at my expense is a measly £100...nowhere near the amount that the camera and associated kit justifies.

That was priced way too low-but if you are happy to be rid of if.....well....... :cool:

Photography is a huge hobby for me-I do air show, things like the Goodwood FoS, and travel/street stuff as the mood strikes. But its a real PITA dragging around my gear for family outings and point n shoot stuff.

I just got (back in November) a brilliant little Lumix camera for everyday use featuring 14Mp, 16x IS Optical zoom, and full HD 720 movie clips up to 8 minutes per clip. And it fits in my pocket! It also has manual overides etc for some creative control. Now it is certainly no replacement for my Canon stuff...but it is handy and does a great job with a full metal body that survived my dropping it onto concrete 2 days after purchase :thum: . I wasn't used to the little thing.

I got it when I was home stateside in November for a visit. I also tried out some of the new psuedo-DSLR's (i.e. mirrorless) and while sort of cool by the time you add a really mandatory electronic viewfinder (who gets a DSLR and shoots photos using the back screen lol) and hang lenses on it it is still close to the size of a full DSLR body and costs about the same.

Anyway just a couple thoughts!

I'd always wanted a good DSLR but figured I'd never get the most out of it, about this time last year I bought a new Fuji S2800HD, its a sort of cross between a DSLR and one of the smaller digital camera's, 14 mega pixel, 720 HD video ETC.

http://www.photographyblog.com/reviews/fujifilm_finepix_s2800hd_review/

I'm happy enough with it, if anything its a bit big for casual *slip it in your pocket when you go out* use, so I'm looking out for a good compact digital camera some soon too.

so I'm looking out for a good compact digital camera some soon too

That's what I will be getting when the time comes. The main use of mine was airshow photography, I didn't even go to one last year and only plan to go to the Shoreham show this year so it was just depreciating without use.

so I'm looking out for a good compact digital camera some soon too

That's what I will be getting when the time comes. The main use of mine was airshow photography, I didn't even go to one last year and only plan to go to the Shoreham show this year so it was just depreciating without use.

If you're using the camera mostly for airshow use, the 'bridge' cameras with massive zooms are really what would suit better...usually anything from 400-600mm zoon range should be ok for 'in-air' close up shots, sort of like this (one of mine from Duxford 2011).

canon126.jpg

Note: image is raw from camera, a Canon 350D. 560mm zoom (35mm equiv)

You either have a very steady hand or a very versatile tripod!

Great shot :cool:

thanks Joe, appreciated...

although i have to take the credit as all my photos i shoot freehand - IIRC, settings were a fast shutter speed (1/500) and f/10.0 aperture, centre weighted and set on 'shutter priority' with a custom whitebalance...