(FSX) Programs that do work in Prepar3D

Flight Environment Extreme will write directly to the Texture folder of P3D if the file paths are changed in the options screen and a dummy fsx.exe is placed in the main P3D folder

Not done it yet, but apparently UT2 (despite F1) and Saitek panels can be ported with little effort. Does yuz mean the catalina installer will install into FSX and P3D - separately of course or is it a copy over?

Mike

The installer works as you can just re-direct to the correct folders so good for both sims :thum:

OK, from what I can see the following will work fine :

-Dave Garwood's Hunter FGA9/Trainer packs

-Flying Stations Swordfish

-Flying Stations Wyvern

-Rob Richardson's Gannet

-Rob Richardson's Shackleton

-Rob Richardson's Meteor F8

-Rob Richardson's Meteor NF14

Hi Mike,

I can't see why not, however, I only installed it to Prepar3D, the installer asks you to browse for a path every time s you should be ok.

Something like the Carenado 337 however doesn't ask for a path it seems to read the FSX path from the registry so doesn't ask you to browse for the FSX folder so it just goes ahead and installs in your FSX location.

You have to manually port the files over to P3D, in order to know which ones you need a log of what was installed where. I haven't had time to find an easy way to do this as it doesn't create an uninstall file.

Hi Mike,

I can't see why not, however, I only installed it to Prepar3D, the installer asks you to browse for a path every time so you should be ok.

Something like the Carenado 337 however doesn't ask for a path it seems to read the FSX path from the registry so doesn't ask you to browse for the FSX folder so it just goes ahead and installs in your FSX location.

You have to manually port the files over to P3D, in order to know which ones you need a log of what was installed where. I haven't had time to find an easy way to do this as it doesn't create an uninstall file.

• 1 month later...

A2A AccuFeel works ok EXCEPT it doesn't make entries in the dll.xml so you have to make the entry manually, thus..

<Launch.Addon>
<Name>A2A Feel</Name>
<Disabled>False</Disabled>
<Path>Modules\A2A_Feel.dll</Path>
<DllStartName>module_init</DllStartName>
<DllStopName>module_deinit</DllStopName>
</Launch.Addon>
<Launch.Addon>
<Name>AccuFeelMenu</Name>
<Disabled>False</Disabled>
<ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
<Path>Modules\AccuFeelMenu.dll</Path>
</Launch.Addon>
[/CODE]

• 3 weeks later...

We have just finished a build for ADE that is designed to run properly against Prepar3D.

This means that if you have P3D then it will appear as an option in the Version Selector. Each FS version in ADE is setup in a separate compartment. So the P3D version (ADEP) should not cross over at all with FSX. It has it's own databases (from P3D) and uses the P3D SDK for the compilers. It should connect to P3D etc etc.

The problem for me is that this is not a trivial exercise and several hundred lines of code have been updated to allow the separation of FSX and P3D. As a result it is quite possible that ADEX and/or ADE9 will behave badly and ADEP will crash.

It would help me greatly if folks with P3D would test it in that mode and folks without P3D but with FSX and/or FS9 would test the update for me.

The update is here: http://www.mediafire...wzpyp6n5a8ydp3l

It is a manual install - please, please do not install it over an existing version.

All feedback much appreciated. There is a thread on FS Developer and one on the P3D forum. Alternatively please feel free to email me - jon AT scruffyduck DOT co DOT uk

Thanks!

Sorry to be dense.

I uninstalled the existing ADE9X from my computer using the Win7 Program Uninstall utility from the Control Panel - no problems.

I downloaded the zip file from the link in the post just above this one - no problems.

When I unzipped the file it just puked out what appears to be the full folder/file structure of an installed version right where I unzipped it. There's no installer, no wizard, no options. The whole thing appears to just be installed in my Downloads folder, which is certainly not where I wanted it installed, nor, I suspect, is that what's intended.

I haven't clicked on the exe yet because I don't want any registry entries, ini files, config files, etc, with hooks to this location.

Waiting for advice on how to proceed.

John

John,

This is only a test of the version and there's no installer, you run it from the location you extracted from or just create a shortcut of the exe on your desktop.

Once started the evaluation only lasts 15 days as it is the pro version.