Aivlasoft has proper flight planning import export, SIDS and STARs, a database included and you can update from Navigraph or the Aerosoft one, by using the Level D 767 FMS update (You don't actually have to have the Level D - just use that update and it'll create the necessary folder when you execute the update.

Mike

Mike,

I installed the demo version and I see the AivlaSoft file inside FSX. In the AivlaSoft file there is also the NavData and SIDSTARS. I ran the Level D navigraph update for 1211 and it created a Level D folder. Do I copy/paste that NavData file into the FSX/AivlaSoft/NavData folder?

I do not have the Level D but I do have the PMDG NGX, it seems to have the same files/folders can I just copy/paste the appropriate info to the AivlaSoft files?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well hmmm, I read the important READ ME that it suggests. I followed the steps and am attempting to run the AivlaSoft EFB System-DataProvider for the fist time. I entered all the information like the readme suggests, the program starts then stops with an unhandled exception it says This computer name is Gus_Julie-PC, IP-address is (and it lists my IP address), then it just sits there, for a good 20 mins. I try and close it and it says I can't close it. I finally used the task manager to shut it down and restart it, it came back w/ the same unhandled exception same info.

I googled this and am not having much luck.

EDIT: ok it must have had something to do with trying to access this pc over my network. I guess it's asking for a password to access this PC. I think found a work-around.

I will only run AivlaSoft EFB on my FSX PC to keep things simple. I went to the AivlaSoft/EFB/UserDatapath. I deleted "UserDatapath" and then when I restarted the AivlaSoft EFB System - DataProvider it allowed me to put the settings in again, this time I selected "Local only" under Server. Now the provider seems to be running and doing it's thing, no unhandled errors so far....

No, not needed. The EFB will access the data from the Level D folder. Just check the path is set correctly in Folders under the settings in the data provider (Server) prog to the Aivlasoft folder. The files in the Aivlasoft folder are copied/created by the data provider into the Aivlasoft folder (you will note the Navdata is a backup). it's in the manual and you know what they say :D

You don't need to copy as I say, but FWIW the PMDG format is different from the Level D anyway just run the server prog.

The reason I asked, (I did read the manual) the navigraph data that the program installed in my FSX/AivlaSoft/NavData folder, the cycle info says 3/6/2011. I was wanting to update it to the current 12/11.

When I run the Level D navigraph update I see it creates a Level D folder which has the 12/11 data in it, the problem I see is the data provider is looking at the FSX/Aivlasoft/NavData folder which seems like the older data.

I was asking if I'm supposed to tell the dataprovider where to find the Level D navigraph file so it can show the 1211 update?

did you install the EFB client separately on the client pc?. i've not run networked yet as have 3 monitors on 2 cards anyway. I'll give it a go soon. you should be able to run the client on the main FSX/server PC as well as multiple client PCs if you want . .

No, I didn't do that...LOL, the readme first doc doesn't say that...or doesn't say to do it yet. I was following the directions in the order it put them. I figure to keep things simpler I'll just run it on the same PC.

I am of course talking utter rubbish - the Level D is for another software. I got totally mixed up, it's age. The Aivlasoft EFB has its own download from the Navigraph FMS page, it's VoxATC uses the Level D format. I grovel - I have too much software :wacko2: The correct download updates the Aivlasoft Navdata and SIDS STARS

Yikes, thanks for the update, I've just spent the last hour or so going through the setup of the EFB, quite a lot in there...now if I run that navigraph for the Aivlasoft it should put things where it needs them. Do I need to re-run the Data-provider for it to see the changes?

Thanks again,

Gus

Edit: sorry simple brain asked the last question...dis-regard....the running the update will still have the program looking in the correct folder... :stars:

Aivla has some free .xml checklists to download but the C172 is written in French. Any know of any other places to get some pre-made checklists? I tried translating the French to English, I don't speak French so I was just using a free translator program on the internet but I think it's taking words out of context, they don't seem to be "flight sim words".

Ok, I opened the 18 page French version of the C172 checklist from Aivla and used a free online translator, I translated every French word to English, edited the .xml file in notepad, saved it and now have a C172 checklist for Aivla. I imported it and it works great!

If anyone would like a copy I can share it, but I'm not sure how. When I click on "my media" it shows I have 0. I don't know how to upload/add something to my media.

If anyone is interested in this C172 Checklist (in English) let me know and we'll figure out a way to get it to you.

EDIT: sometimes I'm at a loss....I tried to upload the file to the file library, it tells me I don't have permission to upload this type of file, it's a .xml.

When I click on my media is says I have no media, when I click on browse to import my media it tells me I have no media....oh well, it's the thought that counts. :stars:

Why do you want to use xml for the checklists? EFB has a checklists editor?

I was confused as how to use it. The manual shows an example of how to edit one, they use a B747 abnormal procedures checklist as their example. I was going to try and use that one, but my demo version doesn't have anything in the checklists. It shows 4 planes to pick from (non of which are the B747) but the 4 that are listed all have empty folders.

When I try and import one or create one it goes looking on my PC for a .xml file. I can't change the type of file it's searching for, the drop-down box only shows "files with .xml".

So I guess my questions are,

A) how do you edit one when none exist to edit?

B) how do you create one from scratch if it's not in a .xml format?

I'd love to create one for my C182 II RG and C208.

Thanks again for any tips, if I could simply create my own without using this .xml format it would be much easier for me.

GUs

BTW, Aivlasoft is 20% off during November

YES SIR! This is why I wanted to get it working in the demo, they say you have 30 days, but I'm sure I'll purchase it prior to the end of November. Only used it 2 times so far but it's truly amazing!

For the first time in a LONG LONG time when I flew last night I never touched this PC for charts, weather, or any extra information that I've always used it for in the past.

To create / edit a checklist

Go to system/checklist editor:

checklist1.png

Select aircraft:

checklist2.png

Choose category:

checklist3.png

New checklist (or import /export):

checklist4.png

Give title and New item:

checklist5.png

Discribe item and save:

checklist6.png

Do for all checklist items and categories.

When importing a checklist: use the import function!

Ouch - $55 for the AivlaSoft one. I was going to buy it but I guess I don't need it THAT much.

John

I agree, after flying around for a while with it, it sure is nice to have it all in one spot.

The strange thing is, I got my monitor cable in the mail today (thanks to a buddy who had an extra :-).....when I fly in FS9 using the default C172, I open up the kneeboard and this is a first for me, I click on the "A" and it opens up a drop-down menu that gives me all sorts information and places to go, I have no idea where I picked up, well maybe from one of my VAs, not sure though, but it allows me inside FS9 to go to airnav, flightaware, weather, etc.. so I have all I need.

I haven't tried it in another plane yet, or in FSX.

I've been busy messing w/ using 2 monitors at once. So I think I'm going to hold off on the $55 for the EFB, for now.

This brings me to my question. I have FS9 running like a champ, I learned how to edit the nvidia settings and not mess w/ the FS9 settings and I'm getting insane frame rates, super smooth flying and with places like Flightzone KPDX it looks every bit as good as FSX and never NEVER gives me a fatal error like FSX will sometimes throw at me.

My question is when I un-dock windows things get kinda crazy...hopefully someone can help me out on this. I can un-dock my GPS window and drag it over to the other monitor, all is well, I can un-dock my kneeboard all is well, when I create a new view i.e. top down and un-dock it, drag it over to the other monitor that is when things get haywire. Sometimes it will make the scenery look like someone is crumpling up paper, or if I look outside/spot view of my plane it jumps around and does this same strange effect to my plane. Is it just my graphics card not being able to handle so many windows open at the same time? Why is it only when I open the top-down view? Once I close the top-down view everything goes back to normal.

Thanks for any tips/suggetions/advice,

Gus

Not sure. Is FS in Windowed mode? It needs to be for other windows to be undocked and moved properly. If you're in full screen mode in FS, that is likely the problem. If not, I haven't a clue.

John

Maybe it had something to do w/ memory, I had been opening and close FS over and over while trying out different panels. Today when I start my FS machine after having it shut off all night, un-docking the top-down view and dragging it to my 2nd monitor in FS9 at KSEA didn't cause any problems at all.

So far so good, having a 2nd monitor is AWESOME!

Anytime anything is acting funky in Windows, a re-boot is worth a try. It clears and resets all sorts of things, any one of which can cause problems.

Yes, a second monitor is very useful in FS, particularly if you can make custom pop-ups. Many mediocre AC can be made near perfect by snitching gauges from other AC and putting them on a pop-up on the second monitor.

John

• 9 months later...

I'm dredging up an old thread here to report that I received an e-mail today from PC-Aviator, who are having a half-off sale on EFB for seven days.  At that price, I may just have to give it a try.

John

> Maybe it had something to do w/ memory, I had been opening and close FS over and over while trying out different panels.

Hmm, this isn't the old uiautomationcore.dll problem again? Repeated use of menus is the trigger for that one.....

It might be worth checking whether you have it installed, though — just in case!    :P

Cheers,

Brian