JAD - Jims Air Distributions

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There seems to be a lot of that going around these days. Sabotage I mean ^_^

Maybe its time to get me a watchdog before it strikes me :P

Must be Birdman's terminator shorting out the circuit boards when he flies over your bases.

It's "Hasta la vista, baby" to your company files and systems when that guys around :whis:

Cheer's...Graham...

• 3 weeks later...

Recent holiday for all JAD staff meant all planes grounded! Some further tinkering with company pc means no contracts being accepted for a short while!

Hopefully be back in the air in a few days :)

Meanwhile the crew have been performing some team building exercises - wash the planes :)

• 3 months later...

BIG changes in JAD

Location change - we've moved to England - East Midlands to be exact :)

Cody and Sophie have agreed to move with the company and travel to Great Britain for a while - already we have a cargomaster and a DC6 ready and waiting for some jobs to be complete.

With 30 million in the bank - I will have to wait for my beloved 737-900 (see sig) - I had to sell my baby as I did not want to fly it to england - should not take long to save though.

All is good people!!!

Yay

I sure everyone at Everett and the surrounding 10 miles of your service area will miss you :( We will do our best to take up the slack you have now left in the PNW. :)

Wish you the best of luck in your new endeavour. :thum: Although with 30 mill in the bank, luck will take a back seat. :D Watch out for a company named Great British Haulage. I hear the owner is the Mr B of England. :P

lol - 30mill has gone down to about 4mill after the purchase of a 2nd dc6 and my new favourite plane the Quality wings 146 J100! Does not hold as much as my 737 but its easier to fly for sure!

Maybe start saving for the 737 from now hehe

• 2 months later...

Long awaited update:

OK so the business has been going well with 3 RJ100's with Sophie and Cody working them hard. With income high and plenty of profits we sold the old birds and bought a new 757-200F. This baby was for the CEO UKJim.

Along side the bought 757 another two 757's were also leased ready for Cody and Sophie.

So the CEO couldn't wait to get in the hot seat and did a quick trip from EGNX to EGCN - with the excitement of flying the new gal he oversped on takeoff and caused 95% damage to the plane. The rest of the flight was very uneventful apart from the odd patch of rain and cloud.

With a greaser landing at EGCN it shows that given practice the new plane will suit the CEO's flying style.

Cost of repairs: £780,000

Cost of Contracts: £250,000

So made a loss overall on that flight but JAD did get their reputation up and those will learn off their mistakes for next time ;)

Thanks for reading.... now here are some flight pics

fsx_2012_12_17_20_50_07_444.jpg

fsx_2012_12_17_20_53_59_272.jpg

fsx_2012_12_17_20_56_58_323.jpg

fsx_2012_12_17_20_57_12_781.jpg

fsx_2012_12_17_21_02_06_721.jpg

OK so it was rainin, night time and almost zero visibility!! I took some very dark screens on this flight and as you can see it was a touching cloth moment until I touchdown and stopped :) Apparently the client at Coventry could not wait until the morning?

No damage and an 'OK' landing - I am satisfied with that.

fsx_2012_12_19_22_16_59_563.jpg

fsx_2012_12_19_22_32_09_356.jpg

fsx_2012_12_19_22_32_18_736.jpg

was bricking it on approach as my altitude was dropping - I thought; I am going to hit the ground any minute and this is going to be expensive

It's nice when you can find real world approach plates for the airport you're going into and use the MDA or DH from them to determine when to go missed... Not sure if that data is available from the GPS or not.

John