ATC alternative for VFR flying?

VATSIM :D

....or IVAO.

If you are inclined to give online flight a try. Although you would need to make yourself comfortable with departing/landing/transitioning controlled airspace when a live controller is not online (same goes for IFR). Having read in other threads where you like to fly I can tell you that Seattle Center (covering KSEA/KPDX for a couple hundred mile radius) is usually available in the GMT prime time.

Once I started online flight I never looked back. I only use AI ATC for review purposes these days.

**edit**the price is also quite good.....free :thum:

John - I haven't used VoxATC, but their site says:

VoxATC generates its own AI traffic and controllers

I understand that Jess recently did a review of VoxATC - that's why I thought she could help...

CHeers - Dai. :cool:

VoxATC generates its own AI traffic and controllers

Audio only, or actual visible AI aircraft? Not seeing other AC would pretty lame. Paying for traffic programs and not having the benefit of them but instead seeing whatever VoxATC sees fit to provide doesn't sound like the hot setup to me either. Traffic is very important to me and I'm not going to be keen on anything that eats into that in any way.

I admit to being partial to RC and haven't tried VoxATC, so maybe it's better than I've been lead to believe.

Where is Jess' review?

John

• 3 years later...

VATSIM :D

....or IVAO.

If you are inclined to give online flight a try. Although you would need to make yourself comfortable with departing/landing/transitioning controlled airspace when a live controller is not online (same goes for IFR). Having read in other threads where you like to fly I can tell you that Seattle Center (covering KSEA/KPDX for a couple hundred mile radius) is usually available in the GMT prime time.

Once I started online flight I never looked back. I only use AI ATC for review purposes these days.

**edit**the price is also quite good.....free :thum:

Problem as I experience it is that you are quite lonely bushflying in the wilderness (or in small airports outside large cities) on both IVAO and VATSIM, would be nice if some bushflying sim pilots could get together on the network.

Wow resurrection lol! I have to plus 1 on the above - I joined the club and now fly vatsim vfr all the time. It's not as scary as you would think after a few flights.

I also bought RC4 but never used it lol - waste of money I know. Maybe I'll give it a go at a later date :)

Still cannot get over the 2012 topic coming alive again haha.

Maybe try looking over at CIX VFR club?

http://www.cixvfrclub.org.uk/index.php

They do flying training for Vatsim, regular online group flights and have several controllers who do ATC for them.....

Sounds fun, but I can't find P3D as a flight simulator option on the form to fill in enlisting as new member, can I participate flying in this simulator?

Maybe try looking over at CIX VFR club?

http://www.cixvfrclub.org.uk/index.php

They do flying training for Vatsim, regular online group flights and have several controllers who do ATC for them.....

Sounds fun, but I can't find P3D as a flight simulator option on the form to fill in enlisting as new member, can I participate flying in this simulator?

Yes if you can connect to vatsim youre good to go, I've flown using P3D